JanieNudiePants JanieNudiePants 31-35, F 24 Answers Sep 14, 2012 in Health

95 on the interstate smashed into a guard rail to avoid a car that lost control and had a little kid in the back seat they where fine i waz er for three weeks. i new i could servive children first an formost

Best Answer

yes, on my way to take out the engagement ring to my ex wife.... had not rain for some time. they lived in the country...round the corner...lost it...wrote the car off... lucky I was in the car alone as the passengers side took most of the hit

Best Answer

good thing you weren't hurt

Best Answer

bruised shoulder, pride was the worst hurt thing...

Best Answer

I wrote off my first car so bad, my dad saw it when he was going to work.<br />
He went straight to the morgue, he was told no one had arrived in that morning.<br />
So he went to the hospital, no one brought in there either .<br />
so he called down to where i worked, i hadn't a scratch on me.<br />
he couldn't believe i got out of it alive, but thankfully i did

Best Answer

I am sure it was because you were wearing your seat belt. Good for you; tell all your friends!!!

Best Answer

Yes. Three times, two of them weather related, all of them in the same type of car, a Ford Taurus (a pair of '92s and a 2004 model). The first crash was from looking away momentarily and realizing that I was about to rear end someone. The other two both came from sliding off a icy or snow covered road. I walked away unharmed from all three wrecks.

Best Answer

I've slid off the road into the ditch too many times to count.

Best Answer

One car. Only tick on the driving record. Subaru Justy. Tiny little car. Weighed nothing. It was winter. It was night. It was snowing. I was traveling from Jericho to Underhill in Vermont. The road that leads from one town to the other is literally a 45º downgrade to a 90º bend at the bottom. Yeah. Genius road planning. Anywho-- around midnight. Friend of mine had invited me to a party post work, and I was following. Not doing anywhere near the speed limit, came down the hill. Made the turn, but my car KEPT turning. I found myself in the opposite lane, my car facing the correct direction for that lane, however, I was sliding backwards--- like I was driving in reverse. The car kept edging over to the side of the road, and suddenly, the Justy was flipping end over end (bumper to bumper, not side to side rolling) down the embankment into the river below (which is what the road bent around, surrounding a large corn field) where it finally came to a standstill-- on its roof, tires to the sky.<br />
For the record, as the waters began to pour into the car to fill it, I, on my hands and knees on the ceiling of the car within, had not been wearing a seat belt, and noted that the corner of the roof over the driver's seat had been crushed in. As I scrambled out of the vehicle-- shoving the passenger door open and climbing free-- I realized that if I had been wearing a seat belt, that I would have had my head struck by the collapsed corner, and been held, suspended, upside down, with my head under the ice cold waters. Checking myself over, as I scrambled up the embankment, out of the river, and as my friends turned around and other cars stopped to help, I noted that the only injury to me was a small scratch-- the size of my pinky nail, on my scalp at the top. <br />
Translation: If I had been wearing my seat belt that night, I wouldn't be typing this story today.

Best Answer

I wrecked my first car rolling side-to-side down an embankment outside Telluride, CO. I wasn't wearing my seat belt, got thrown out, and have paid dearly ever since then.

Best Answer

Oh, I'm not endorsing NOT to wear a seat belt... I just like to point out that sometimes, NOT having it on can also save your life. What were you driving...? Also, rolling side to side gives you exit points called doors. Bumper to bumper tends to keep you within the vehicle.

Best Answer

an old mustang, being restored. It rolled end to end,throwing me out door. One of the doors sprang open and out I flew

Best Answer

rarely.... I wish I had had mine on....

Best Answer

Not totally wrecked, but once I had a dent and some scratches. It was the other drivers fault however, I was not to blame. That poor boy only had his drivers licence for a week when he hit my car.

Best Answer

I was in my BF's new car (brand new) at a pit stop on the highway so I could go pee. A guy drove up in a 4x4 in a rush, and before I even got out threw open his truck door and knocked out my window... I almost peed my pants before we had it all straightened out. OBTW, lost that boyfriend, too. My fault I had to go pee.....

Best Answer

Well, it wasn't my car. Back in the late 60's I was working for Chicken Delight (that dates me). The owner was too cheep to pay for gas money to use our own vehicles for delivery. It was a Yugo. Basically a motorized shoebox. Anyhow. one night I was getting off the freeway, diving the Yugo and looked both ways before pulling out onto the cross street. Suddenly, to my left, this Camero came barrellind down on me at about 60 mph. I floored that Yugo as hard as I could but he hit me, just inches behind the drivers seat. Tore that shoebox clean in half.

Best Answer

Whoa! In one of my wrecks I was hit from behind and thrown into another car. I rode that one out okay (coming back from skiing I-70 twin tunnels forty miles west of Denver).

Best Answer

no, but I wrecked a golf cart one time...ripped the top half off of it LOL!

Best Answer

luv your avatar! Caddy-shack 3? LOL

Best Answer

LOL thx, it was more like grand theft auto...miami lol!!

Best Answer

Once i borrowed a for the night my shoe stuck on the car mat going around a corner and well the car was wrecked :(

Best Answer

sounds like me.....

Best Answer

T-boned by a drunk driver running a stop sign.

Best Answer

Once I was down by Pagosa Springs at night, and a drunk flew over the top of a long grade into my lane. I had now where to go. I was against the hill as far as I could go, BRACING when all the sudden his front wheels cut the pavement and he skidded across into the field.
I stopped, not sure what to do. I heard this barrel of laughs and he came clambering out of his wrecked care, and I was like, oh no, what do I do? I don't want him to rape me!!!
Well, I stayed long enough to offer to let him go with me to Pagosa, but he wanted me to turn around and go to Durango. I said I couldn't, ran back up the hill to my car and left him. I called the state patrol to tell them what had happened, and they just laughed at me!!! I was soooooo mad!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

My car has been wrecked, but I didn't do it. Was hit by a drunk driver... his third offense!

Best Answer

So close many times (being hit by drunks I mean)

Best Answer

Had a van wrecked for me. Driving home, pickup truck with trailer stopped in the oncoming lane waiting to make a turn. The truck was hit from behind, driven into my van. I went up over the curb trying to avoid it and managed to weave between a tree and an 80-year old neighbor getting her mail and ended up in my own front yard with the side of the van crushed.

Best Answer

funny how things happen

Best Answer

Never been in an accident that was my fault - but I was rear-ended by a MAC truck once, that was enjoyable....along with several others that I could have done without. Thanks god for full coverage!

Best Answer

I was with my BF outside Vail when a semi stopped on the Highway in the middle of the road (I-70). As we slowed up ccccrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnccccccccchhhhhhhhhh....
it was such a cute car...

Best Answer

Yes, actually... That's how I met my soon-to-be husband! We've been together for 10 years now.

Best Answer

my only question is who ran into who? LOL best kind of 'accident'

Best Answer

It was Halloween, and some girl plowed into the side of my car and sent me careening into a really surprised guy in a pickup truck on the other side of the divider, and then onto one of those right-turn dividers. I got out of the car and started running around the intersection, looking for a witness, not realizing that I was dressed in a skin-tight leopard leotard with the ears, collar, leash, tail, claws and matching platform shoes... and that the other girl was dressed as a kitty cat! My husband was one of the people who just happened to be at the intersection (which was packed with people for the obvious hilarious reason) when I was looking for a witness, and he just stuck around until it was all over and my car was towed away. I GOT THE TICKET! (unbelievable), but at least I got a husband out of it! lol

Best Answer

Sounds awfully cute. Fortunately, I was wearing normal clothes when I had my accident. On second thought, maybe that wasn't so good. I had to go pee so badly after it happened, and the poor VFD guy had to pull my jeans, and panties down, so I could do it. Off the side of a stretcher....down a highway embankment.

Best Answer

very cute story and I guess you got what counted most!!!

Best Answer

No! It's my baby....

Best Answer

I have been in the ditch from sliding off the road so many times, I can't remember.... I live in Colorado, I guess I'm not a very good driver.... LOL I just have my little black Toyota

Best Answer

intentional or nor not?!?

Best Answer

No, but I wrecked my dad's car twice.

Best Answer

Totally smashed my car. It turned in the air and the passenger door hit the tree. If it was the driver door I would of been dead

Best Answer