Polly73 Polly73 41-45, F 9 Answers Aug 17 in Politics

No, but my entire family on both sides in the generations before me did.

Best Answer

Which war(s)?

Best Answer

Civil war, WWl, WWll, Korean, Vietnam, and forgive me for forgetting about my cousin who served in Dessert Storm, and a kid I took in and call my son in Iraq.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Which war was that?

Best Answer

Gulf one.

Best Answer

Yes I did and it wasn't any fun at age 18

Best Answer

No, thank god...

Best Answer

Within family or your country?

Best Answer

Country.

Best Answer

Fortunately I have not.....

Best Answer

When i was a baby

Best Answer

Which war was that?

Best Answer

Civil war of Yugoslavia
But only the end

Best Answer

I saw a movie about that not long ago, that was a horrible one :(

Best Answer

Yeah, pretty ****** up. But i think that it is not how people from let's say America look at it. It's pretty complicated and just saying this country is good and this one is bad , it's dumb. Sorry if i offended you

Best Answer

No offense taken :) From what I've read the atmosphere is still rather "touchy" to say the least. Have you seen that movie Angeline Jolie made? It didn't get a lot of stars on imdb.com but I thought it was good and it looked realistic too, especially because the actors experienced things first hand.

Best Answer

Yeah, i saw it. I kinda liked it. It did make my country like the root of all evil. But it's a movie. I don't care. My biggest problem is that she did it. She has no idea about our history and she thinks she can this documentary type thing, witch is not helping the point get across. I am not saying that my people did nothing, but we are not the spawn of Satan as the movie projects us

Best Answer

Yeah, it was pretty one-sided - what I liked about it was the overall sort of "atmosphere" - that felt realistic somehow. Just for the record though: there are a few ppl from former Yugoslavia where I live (Iceland) that I've met (who were there). I don't know about other countries but I have never heard anyone take sides regarding that particular war. Not like people are doing now like with Israel/Palestine.

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

I get what you are saying

Best Answer

My grandfather served in viet nam, my father was in the marines but never saw combat.

Best Answer

Not on a military level but man,life can be one HELL of a war!:(

Best Answer