Mom. 13. Cry every night.
KilieLove KilieLove 18-21, F 23 Answers Jun 26, 2010

my mom died when i was 3 and my dad left me soon thereafter. i guess the question isnt how did i handle it..its how do i handle it everyday? the pain never goes away...and the way i see it, if a parent could walk out on their child like that..then the child is probably better off without that parent anyway.<br />
i think that if my dad had stuck around i probably would be a worse person than i am.

Best Answer

Yesmy father when I was 5, right after the death of my 14 yr old brother... I didn't understand completely but as I grew older, I realized we were without our father, he was a selfish person though and I now know that why he did what he did was his choice, his mistake, not mine, not my mother's, but his. I agree with other people whom ahve already said so " In the long-run we were better off w/o him" and u know it's not just a parent that has walked out of my life, relationships are precious and sometimes we don't trealize what we've got until it's gone... Unfortuneately I have no brothers now and that hurts everyday, but I am managing, I'm okay, it's what I have around me TODAY that matters. My dad died in 2007 and it was rough, I cried for so long and so hard and couldn't understand why because he was not in any way a part of my life, but I realized something later... He was always a part of me, and my eyes, well they're shaped like his and my build, well I'm built like him. So no matter how much it hurts that I couln't be with him, and that he walked out- he did have a very big part in creating me, that has helped me to forgive and move forward! you sound so strong, I wish you the best hon

Best Answer

yes...not on us...but it hurt just the same..i cried at night for him...i was young and didn't understand.. i do now.

Best Answer

My dad left the family home for another woman when I was 4. I cried all the time when I was still young, but eventually it stopped hurting and I missed the hole my father left in my life rather than my father himself. I am still bitter about it now and then, but it has made me more determined to be careful and as sure as I can be that my relationship is solid before having kids - I don't want to put my kids through what I went through.

Best Answer

Years at a time my dad used to walk away and I would write and send flowers and beg and plead and then I realized that all I had to do was walk away myself. I ignored him as he ignored me for five years--then I told my sister about the wonderful man who was my new father figure and was so wise and wonderful--took him six months, but daddy called. It's called control. A parent who needs that over a child isn't a parent worth having and you can't pick your parents, but you can pick the people who take their place.

Best Answer

age 1 and I didn't. It was just normal life.

Best Answer

My mom at the age of 13. She let me rot in foster- care while she was married to my step- father the Molester.<br />
I cried myself to sleep for many years. I became numb in the end nor did I get close to anyone.

Best Answer

The old man got kicked out when I was 5. I took it out on my mum a bit - pretending to want a hug and then nipping her quite ferociosly. Glad though that he didn't have much of an influence on my life. But now we seem to be getting on alright. His feckin parrot is a bit of a vicious git though, and his cats hate me - but the dog's okay, and the sheep next door seem to like their breakfast of cabbage.<br />
All in all, it's not bad.

Best Answer

My father walked out on me. Before I was born I found out he died in 2008 I still cried my mom walked out a few months ago I'm now 23 my question is what did I do to make both parents leave me

Best Answer

yes, my father has walked out of my life. i was 15. i am still trying to handle. my dad married a woman that did not like me, or want me around. i was always a "daddys girl" and she just pushed me away. my dad told me that i had to except her, and i did try but she did not treat me fairly. so i moved in with my mother and he changed his number so i cannot have it. i have sent letters and tried seeing him but nothing works. i have decided to give up. you can only try so much to have a relationship with someone, but if they dont try either then it will never work. it is just really hard when you have been close to someone your whole life and then just leave. it has made it VERY hard to trust people, because hes the only guy thats ever had my full trust.

Best Answer

My father walked out at least once a month. Spent months away at a time. He walked out and was invited back in EVERY time. My parents have been married twice. Twice to each other, twice divorced. My father was abusive to my mother. I never stopped it. I tried to protect my younger siblings. I'm sorry.

Best Answer

My mom walked out on me and my 12 year old sister when I was 15. My father was in prison and she decided that due to her background and feuds over my fathers cheating ways that she would move on. And so she did. She met a man and eventually started dating him without is knowing. Months later during Christmas she disappeared for a day and didn't come home. She showed up the next day with the new guy and said she was leaving with him. She eventually came back weeks later and asked for me and my sister to leave with them to their new apartment. And so we did. The move was traumatic In a sad way. She hired a nanny to look after us because they were gone most of the time. After a few months of moving to different locations and basically just being my sister and I with the nanny I decided we would move back home with my older married sister. Months after we moved back my older sister decided she and her new husband needed a place of their own. So we stayed alone just my younger sister and I. At first my mom would give us money for bills and food but eventually that ended and she would be gone without contact for months. We had no food nor money so 2 close friends of mine would help by bringing us food. As I turned 16 I had to get a job and attend school full time. My best friend would help drive us around in an old beat up car my mom left me. We saw less and less of her and eventually for months at a time. She would help us out at times but really was never around. Her boyfriend wasn't fond of me and only liked my younger sister. We grew apart from our mom. Years went by and no signs of her taking custody of my sister so I had to get my GED and work more hours. I went to vocational school with her help and became a CNA . I got a job at a local hospital and raised my sister alone. My sister graduated from high school and became an estetician after. Years later my mothers boyfriend left her and she came back into our lives. We were grown up at this point. She left my sister and I our family home. She resented my father who got deported after ten years of being imprisoned. He eventually got deported to Mexico and since we lived closer by to the border we were able to see him again. My sister's,mother and I had moved to a city four hours from our home years before this. I decided that I would move with my dad and commute back to the US and Mexico to work. Fast forward a few years later my mother met another man and moved out with him. And 4 yrs after my father met a nice lady and remarried. I then moved back to my home in the US and worked as hard as I could to save up money. My sister's eventually moved back in with me. I met someone who really made me happy and moved away. My sister's moved out one by one and
bought their homes. My father came to live with them for a few yrs until my mom caught wind of it and decided to sell the house without telling anyone until the deal was done and we had to take our father out. She was not very close to us nor did she ever spend any holidays or special occasions with us. She sold our home very cheap and decided to give us all a share. My brother whom had been long gone since he was 17 and my youngest sister got a good share. My older sister and I got less because she took money out of our share to pay herself back for back taxes owed on our home. I'm not very close to her nor do I see her as a mom. My little sister and brother on the other hand keep in constant contact with her. It's a shame to what she did to our family but in all we turned out pretty good without her.

Best Answer

my mum walked out on me several times, first when my dad and her split up and then on and off as she felt like it. she found a boyfriend around four years ago and I haven't seen her in three, I am presuming she's decided to replace me with her boyfriends daughter but at the moment I deal with her by plain out ignoring her because now she's tryin to walk back into my life again and I refuse because you can't let a wound heal if you keep picking it, right? anyway yeah long story short: I deal with it by blocking her out of my life knowing that m dads family are looking after me better than she ever could

Best Answer

My Dad walked out on us when I was 12 years old. Because of this, I was an emotional and volatile youth. I grew up feeling the need to lie because I didnt feel worthy. Unfortunately, this behavior followed me into adulthood, along with a number of other "issues." I sought love from men twice my age and I allowed men to abuse me because I felt as though I wasnt deserving of love. As an adult, I also found myself reaching out to my Father, trying to get him to have a relationship with me. Unfortunately, it didnt seem like he was very interested so I would lie to him to get him pay attention to me by saying things like I was ill or that I was pregnant...obviously untrue. I'm now 33 years old and still have no relationship with my Father. He chooses to be distant. When I got married, he didnt even show up. When I invited him to attend my college graduation, he showed no interest. I came to a realization that He will never be there for me and I'll probably never have any form of relationship with him.

Best Answer

Not a long ago the truth came out, that my mother abondoned me and my dad. I was a newborn when she walked out on us. And yet I find it hard to believe. I grew up being told that she was dead and that she 'loved' me very much. It all makes sense now, my dad never ever talked about her, and when he did there was some sort of hint in his voice that wasn't sincere at all. I've never felt so betrayed, it hurts so much. In a way I preferred it, knowing that she died, atleast I wouldn't feel like a mistake or a burden, and a least I wouldn't be sining for loathing her so much. I wasted so many years wanting to have her here, when in reality she didn't care about my existence. She was some where living life to the fullest. I'm quite fortunate, my grandma raised me until I was four, and then not long after my young age my step mom came in and gave me everything that my mother couldn't. I love my family to infinity and beyond, but a part of me feels missing and so wrong.

Best Answer

Mom 8 cry constantly dad 14 gave up hope became desperate.

Best Answer

My father walked out when I was 2 and I never knew him till I was 8 and I spent a weekend with him. After that weekend I didn't see or hear from him until I was 16, he convinced me to move in with him. When I got homesick after just 3 months, I moved home and he walked right out of my life again. I'm 21 now, and I hurt just as bad as I did when I was a kid. For a boy to be without his father, is such a struggle. I didn't have anyone but my mother and no one to teach me sports or how to talk to girls. I learned everything on my own and while some would say it would make me stronger, I'm tough as nails on the outside but on the inside I'm just as broken as I've ever been.

Best Answer

My mom left me and my four younger siblings when I was 7. I am 15 now, and it has impacted my life a lot. I had to help raise my siblings, who are now 8, 8, 9, and 11, because my dad has to earn a living. It is also hard going through middle school without your mother. I had no one to look up to, or get advice from. My mother didn't leave because she had to, she left because she didn't want to care for us. She could have gotten a divorce, and have had custody one weekend a month. Instead she chose to call once a year on my birthday. I would rather she just didn't call at all. She shouldn't pretend that she cares about me, when I know she doesn't. It isn't fair for her to walk out on kids she chose to have.

Best Answer

My dad just left me tonight, 13, still can't stop crying.

Best Answer

Fathers eh bugger them...

Best Answer