Mom. 13. Cry every night.
KilieLove KilieLove 18-21, F 17 Answers Jun 26, 2010

my mom died when i was 3 and my dad left me soon thereafter. i guess the question isnt how did i handle it..its how do i handle it everyday? the pain never goes away...and the way i see it, if a parent could walk out on their child like that..then the child is probably better off without that parent anyway.<br />
i think that if my dad had stuck around i probably would be a worse person than i am.

Best Answer

My dad left the family home for another woman when I was 4. I cried all the time when I was still young, but eventually it stopped hurting and I missed the hole my father left in my life rather than my father himself. I am still bitter about it now and then, but it has made me more determined to be careful and as sure as I can be that my relationship is solid before having kids - I don't want to put my kids through what I went through.

Best Answer

Years at a time my dad used to walk away and I would write and send flowers and beg and plead and then I realized that all I had to do was walk away myself. I ignored him as he ignored me for five years--then I told my sister about the wonderful man who was my new father figure and was so wise and wonderful--took him six months, but daddy called. It's called control. A parent who needs that over a child isn't a parent worth having and you can't pick your parents, but you can pick the people who take their place.

Best Answer

yes, my father has walked out of my life. i was 15. i am still trying to handle. my dad married a woman that did not like me, or want me around. i was always a "daddys girl" and she just pushed me away. my dad told me that i had to except her, and i did try but she did not treat me fairly. so i moved in with my mother and he changed his number so i cannot have it. i have sent letters and tried seeing him but nothing works. i have decided to give up. you can only try so much to have a relationship with someone, but if they dont try either then it will never work. it is just really hard when you have been close to someone your whole life and then just leave. it has made it VERY hard to trust people, because hes the only guy thats ever had my full trust.

Best Answer

Yesmy father when I was 5, right after the death of my 14 yr old brother... I didn't understand completely but as I grew older, I realized we were without our father, he was a selfish person though and I now know that why he did what he did was his choice, his mistake, not mine, not my mother's, but his. I agree with other people whom ahve already said so " In the long-run we were better off w/o him" and u know it's not just a parent that has walked out of my life, relationships are precious and sometimes we don't trealize what we've got until it's gone... Unfortuneately I have no brothers now and that hurts everyday, but I am managing, I'm okay, it's what I have around me TODAY that matters. My dad died in 2007 and it was rough, I cried for so long and so hard and couldn't understand why because he was not in any way a part of my life, but I realized something later... He was always a part of me, and my eyes, well they're shaped like his and my build, well I'm built like him. So no matter how much it hurts that I couln't be with him, and that he walked out- he did have a very big part in creating me, that has helped me to forgive and move forward! you sound so strong, I wish you the best hon

Best Answer

yes...not on us...but it hurt just the same..i cried at night for him...i was young and didn't understand.. i do now.

Best Answer

age 1 and I didn't. It was just normal life.

Best Answer

My mom at the age of 13. She let me rot in foster- care while she was married to my step- father the Molester.<br />
I cried myself to sleep for many years. I became numb in the end nor did I get close to anyone.

Best Answer

The old man got kicked out when I was 5. I took it out on my mum a bit - pretending to want a hug and then nipping her quite ferociosly. Glad though that he didn't have much of an influence on my life. But now we seem to be getting on alright. His feckin parrot is a bit of a vicious git though, and his cats hate me - but the dog's okay, and the sheep next door seem to like their breakfast of cabbage.<br />
All in all, it's not bad.

Best Answer

Mom 8 cry constantly dad 14 gave up hope became desperate.

Best Answer

My father walked out when I was 2 and I never knew him till I was 8 and I spent a weekend with him. After that weekend I didn't see or hear from him until I was 16, he convinced me to move in with him. When I got homesick after just 3 months, I moved home and he walked right out of my life again. I'm 21 now, and I hurt just as bad as I did when I was a kid. For a boy to be without his father, is such a struggle. I didn't have anyone but my mother and no one to teach me sports or how to talk to girls. I learned everything on my own and while some would say it would make me stronger, I'm tough as nails on the outside but on the inside I'm just as broken as I've ever been.

Best Answer

My mom left me and my four younger siblings when I was 7. I am 15 now, and it has impacted my life a lot. I had to help raise my siblings, who are now 8, 8, 9, and 11, because my dad has to earn a living. It is also hard going through middle school without your mother. I had no one to look up to, or get advice from. My mother didn't leave because she had to, she left because she didn't want to care for us. She could have gotten a divorce, and have had custody one weekend a month. Instead she chose to call once a year on my birthday. I would rather she just didn't call at all. She shouldn't pretend that she cares about me, when I know she doesn't. It isn't fair for her to walk out on kids she chose to have.

Best Answer

My dad just left me tonight, 13, still can't stop crying.

Best Answer

Fathers eh bugger them...

Best Answer