hhcoolmv1 hhcoolmv1 18-21, F 2 Answers Sep 10, 2012 in Hobbies

I have only done a little bit for documentary work. I am not in the media trade. One of my sisters-in-law is a journalist and is very well respected in her field.

Best Answer

yes, as a member of the media, I can tell you that most reporters are an immature bunch, vain, and full of themselves. Men have the Ron Burgundy syndrome about their hair, and women have the same hangups about their hair and makeup. Prima donas, the lot. Ohhing and ahhing like a bunch of children at how to find who gives campaign donations, or how seek out basic criminal records ridiculous -- all public information btw, and hardly salacious or scandalous. After experiencing their 4th grade, childish sense of humor, I honestly was waiting for spit wads to fly. Thank God these reporters have senior management and news directors to manage them, but to to effectively manage such gross industry-wide immaturity would be like herding cats.

Best Answer

Whereabouts are you from? It may be different in other countries.

Best Answer

I'm in the US. A manager in the media world, and grew up in the media. Of note, those reporters who are respected are respected only by their immature peers, and respected by the public who see the "celebrity" side of these journalists and reporters. Believe me, when the cameras and microphones are turned off, the public wouldn't recognize most of them. Bottom line, it's all acting in the media. Let me liken it to something people may understand besides Ron Burgundy. The movie Groundhog Day. Recall how Bill Murray's character was the friendly funny guy on camera and a prima dona jerk off camera? While the movie is a little crazy, it does capture the behavior of media types quite perfectly.

Best Answer

I haven't seen Groundhog Day.

Best Answer