I have concrete reasons to not watch the news but men take it like I'm a ditz. I don't watch it because it is consumerist negative anxiety driven propaganda to sell products and most of it is skewed information anyways. I would rather stay informed by finding things online or reading about good and positive news. That doesn't make me superficial or an idiot, just non conformist ( Hey I studied communications and after that I didn't want to watch the news!)
wingeyes wingeyes 31-35, F 11 Answers Apr 4 in Community

Yeah, the **** you watch is carefully selected and very sc<x>ripted.

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

Lol yes I have because I work quite a lot and I don't watch TV. Sorry I'm not always up to speed on current affairs

Best Answer

I don't watch it either ... it's mostly skewed anyway. If people think that's stupid .. I can't change it. I watch what I please.

Best Answer

No. It's not about what media you watch it about how informed you are. You should get stories for different sources and somewhere in the middle you get the truth.

Best Answer

Yes exactly.

Best Answer

I don't care what people think about me, if they think that the blips of propaganda makes them smart, they may be brain dead.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Worse how hyped up people get over small stories and cease to see the big picture. I also hate news sources that only talk about the country they are in . " Five thousand from blip country died but let's do a two hour montage over the two americans that died there and repeat it ad nauseum because let's face it american lives are far more important".

Best Answer

So true, people my age think what goes on in pop culture is news.

Best Answer

I don't watch the news because it saddens and grieves me so deeply, that the pain lingers long after the news report. I should have expected this from this world, but I will be forever aggrieved by its failure to do what is necessary to move up and beyond.

Best Answer

Me too.

Best Answer

No, personally, I have not had anyone think this way. Should they be thinking???....IDK.

Best Answer

Not stupid, but likely ignorant of many things. And as for "finding things out online"? You think the news is "skewed" and yet thing the internet isn't?

Best Answer

I am not ignorant. I keep updated ... and yes if you look at several different opposing viewpoints you might find something resembling the truth. I don't just read or watch from one news source to keep me informed, and I don't just limit myself to the top stories on the news which are created for hype anyways... there are a lot of stories that don't make all the headlines that are equally interesting. I like huffpost good news a lot.

Best Answer

It takes way way way more money to get something on tv compared to online.

Best Answer

and the basic reason for negative and skewed versins of the news is to get to commercials so your only sense of relief is the ads which gives a notion that if you consume things you will be happy and nothing bad will happen... huge psychological research has proved that subtlely that's what we are taught to believe. Plus the news when it goes to international places always chooses the worst possible place to film so people think that anywhere outside of first world countries is a ****** alternative

Best Answer

Its not the only reason why they think like this in my case.

Best Answer

You think I'm stupid? Lol we haven't ever interacted.

Best Answer

I don't watch the news either!

Best Answer