vvhimper vvhimper 31-35, F 10 Answers Mar 15 in Doing Good

I've not been able to find any references by docs - but apparently it is the extra stitch or two taken after an episiotomy to negate any natural stretching that may have occured during birth. When this comes up in discussions, you usually get several firsthand accounts of too-tight sewing, but very few that believe this to be anything other than a mistake on the doctor's part.<br />
You also get second-hand accounts of docs doing it. But I've not found a firsthand account, so it may still be urban legend.<br />
If true, it seems incredibly silly and inconsiderate to do this without discussing with the lady.

Best Answer

lmao!! im sure they discuss it first!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
Best Answer

Not until you mentioned it. From what I can learn it just makes the opening tighter, resulting in painful sex.

Best Answer

really~painful for the man? link me to what you're reading?

Best Answer

Some of the things I read said it resulted in tearing for the woman, eg here:
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/264611/can-someone-explain-what-the-happy-husband-stitch-is
Various ladies posting saying:
"My mom mentioned this to me once...she said that sex was VERY uncomfortable for her after this"
"I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I had that after my ds. It was miserable. Things were rather tight to begin with prior to baby, so I sure as heck didn't need anything stiched tighter."
"I attended a birth whre not only did the dr. do it,she laughed about it while she told the parents about it. I was FLOORED. I guess the only "good" thing about it was that at least she forewarned them that it was going to be extra tight"
"I swear the dr did this to me when he was stitching me (I tore),"
And on Snopes:
"I was given a "husband's knot," an extra little stitch in the perineum to make me "a little tighter" than before. (Our sex life was impaired for the next eight months due to this absurdity.)"

Best Answer

damn that's wild! thanks for typing all that up for me!

Best Answer

They're all tight to me, just sayin'...

Best Answer

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Do gays do that I wonder...ewww

Best Answer

Omg they might...that's disgusting! Kill it with fire!

Best Answer

I would imagine the opposite .

Best Answer

Hell no. who told you that?

Best Answer

oh i was watching tv and this woman mentioned it. she said they can stitch you up to make you tighter. and i always hear different things. on the one hand, that "the female body is an amazing creation that can go back to normal" vs. "hell no. who told you that?"

Best Answer

No

Best Answer