I lost my only sibling/sister this past summer. She died in a horrible house fire, couldn't get out in time and it's still very raw. I think of her every day..my mother and I talk of her as much as we can, it's worse for her, i would think, loosing a child is devastating. I can't imagine NOT talking about her, it's a way to cope and keep her close. I also see her 2 son's a few times a week as I'm part of my sister, she would want me to keep tabs on them... it's so difficult for them too.

Best Answer

I have lost a sibling. Sometimes we talk about him, but not in depth. That's just how we are, though. <br />
It sounds like your sibling is having a hard time coming to terms with the death. Perhaps he/she needs some professional help. No offence intended. Sometimes we all need some help. I know I certainly have. <br />
I wouldn't label him/her as normal or abnormal, as we all have different ways of dealing with grief. Not everyone is able to face death the same way. Keep trying to talk and be there for him/her. Sounds like they need it.

Best Answer

I lost my youngest brother to abortion, and unfortunately, there is not too much freedom to discuss him. Aside from us kids, and my grandparents (who just wish they never knew about it) the majority doesn't know. And among the surviving siblings, there's not too much mention either. It took me years 'til I was able to mention him, think about him, do prolife work, etc. So likely, they've made their peace with his death already. Prayers for your sibling. I am sure in time, something will happen to help them finally start opening up. I have joined facebook and prolifebook, (this one as well) to discuss my situation with others who have been there. It has definitely brought some healing for me. I started a group on here for siblings (I lost a sibling to abortion). Hoping to meet some more, and increase the amonut of resources.<br />
That being said, I truly am sorry for your loss :( I can't stand the thought of losing a sibling I've already gotten know [not to say my brother's loss is not painful]. Not sure if you already do, but hopefully you can feel the comforting presence of your sister, as I do with my brother. While not always mentioned, he is still very much a part of our family. Hope that makes sense. Peace to you

Best Answer

I am lucky in that I have not. I know people who have and it's just heartbreaking. There is nothing like a sibling. I am sorry for your loss. Your other sibling is dealing with the loss as best he/she can. When he/she is ready to discuss or think about your sister, he/she will.

Best Answer

Being an only child, no, but I had a cousin who was virtually a brother to me (he was 5 years older) ; he died sering in the Army (natural causes) and I often think of him to this day, 35 years later. His twin sister, howevere, virtually denies he ever existed. We each deal with our grief in different ways.

Best Answer

Luckily I have not but a good friend of mine lost his sister yesterday and I feel really bad. I called my sisters just to tell them I love them.

Best Answer

before I was born my mum was pregnant for the second time during 1995 or 1996. the baby was a miscarriage. does that count?

Best Answer