caithness caithness 51-55, F 5 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Community

Not mine. He's very concerned about animals. He's even given me free medication for my pets when I couldn't afford it.

Best Answer

the second vet had a reputation for loving animals and donating his time to take care of shelter animals, that's why I approached him for a second opinion which surprisingly didn't charge me for . . .

Best Answer

I would just look for a different one. I don't go back if the person makes me feel uncomfortable. Also, if you go to a place with more than one vet..... you might want to be clear about who you will be seeing because I've noticed it does matter as far as service even in the same hospital.

Best Answer

True story. When my cat was a kitten she had a partial cleft palette and the vet wanted me to put her down so she wouldn't suffer (for example with respiratory problems or chocking on her food). But, she was eating fine, seemed happy and playful, (her breathing was slightly labored and she snored, I nicknamed her Snort). I went to another vet for a second opinion (knowing I was going to have to put her down) and the second vet said everything about her, heart, lungs, etc. was excellent and her partial cleft palette would close up enough with age that she would probably be healthy. She's nine now, healthy, plays like a kitten, and has never had even one problem . . . except snoring and keeping me awake.

Best Answer

Sometimes you just have to go with your instincts. I'm glad you gave her a chance.

Best Answer

I despise vets they are more concerned about money than animal welfare.

Best Answer

Mine seems intent on bleeding me for every dollar he can get. I was just charged 60.00 for a small bottle of antibiotics for my dog...the exact same thing that people take and that I pay about 20.00 for at the pharmacy.

Best Answer