It is true that exercise is good for depression, as you say. Anything that detracts you from feeling down is a good thing! There's lots you can do, of course, but exercise both helps you physically) and also gives you a feeling of well-being, and that shows in what you say of your day here.<br />
Don't worry too much about the creatures that you left 'homeless' ... hahaha. They are far from that and spiders and all manner of creepy-crawlers live hermatic lives anyway; they are used to being 'evicted' and it's a part of their lives so don't feel too bad; I'm sure they won't take it personal ... Ha!<br />
Nice to hear that you had a great day of distraction *and* thought. Well done you!<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Yeah, physical exercise is good for depression:) It gives you a sense of accomplishment and also makes you happier simply because there is some type of compound or something that is sent out into your body:) So yupp, exercise makes ya feel good!:)

Best Answer

Yes, always feel better if I channel my negative thoughts into something positive physically. Not always up to it, but when I can I definitely feel better. Glad you enjoyed your tree chopping.

Best Answer

yes .. physical activity is a great outlet for depression... sport is good. for me, cleaning the house helps... I seem to enjoy doing laundry more than ever

Best Answer

I know it really helps me with stress.

Best Answer

Great observation. Yes. Physical exercise is a great way to deal with depression. Most therapists now days, recommend that their depressed patients get exercise. Chopping wood, walking, jogging, gym. It has been repeatedly shown to be very effective and has the great side effect of making you healthier, which can only help with the depression.

Best Answer

Yes not many things have healthy side effects do they?

Best Answer