Are the days of the greedy, enormously expensive private health insurance companies and their worthless plans' over ? Many Republicans who own stock in them are crying already. They won't get to drive Jaguars or Rolls Royces anymore or drop $300 on dinner anymore with your money. Should I throw them a cry towel ?
Studmuffin11 Studmuffin11 36-40, M 4 Answers Sep 25, 2013 in Community

Apparently you haven't looked at what your deductible and co-pays would be ... OR ... you have a different definition of ''low cost" than most people.

Best Answer

This program is really aimed at those who can't afford healthcare, so for those who can, they will b**ch about it because they pay more.

Best Answer

If Obama was interested in creating a healthcare aimed at those who couldn't afford it, then Sen. McCain's plan would have worked better. Tax credits to let them purchase health insurance. Or let's simply pay for all the health care expenses for those below a certain level of income. What ObamaCare is about is LEGACY.

Best Answer

@BeckyRomero you are obviously a Republican and apparently in the private insurance field so you're biased. Grampy McSame (McCain) got trounced in the elections and if Obama's legacy is giving us cheaper insurance then what a great legacy. everyone is getting tired of $ 1,400 a month premiums under the private plans.

Best Answer

lol. For the record, I voted for Hillary in the primary, McCain in the general. Hillary's my preferred choice in 2016 and I'd support a Canadian style single payor system at the drop of a hat. So much for your BS assumptions

Best Answer

prove it with your voter registration card show your party affiliation becuz all your views are pro-Republican

Best Answer

Supporting a single-payor system is ''pro-Republican?'' What planet do you live on. Please do sign up for health insurance right away because if you think supporting a supporting a Canadian-style single-payor system is ''pro-Republican'' you need to take advantage of the mental health coverage provisions.

Best Answer

That is false those who need it can get a big subsidy to pay for their health insurance and private plans are the ones with HUGE deductibles and co-pays not Obamacare

Best Answer

Well all I know is I won't pay for coverage unless I am actually in the hospital, and even then it will be manageable. Sounds like another hater to me.

Best Answer

Your income must be either very low or you have a lot of dependents, or both ... if you think the subsidies will cover all your health insurance premiums. And again, that's without taking into account deductibles and co-pays. http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

Best Answer

Nooooo.... The Silver Plan, which is the highest plan you can get with subsidies, have pretty larger deductibles and co-pays. Or if you go with a higher premium, you can lower your deductible. Either way, you pay.

Best Answer

Still better than being completely without care and who can complain about that?
Oh yeah only those people who are anti anything that doesn't benefit them directly.

Best Answer

It's not going to help people who qualify for a subsidy if the the high deductibles and co-pays discourage them from seeking care! Then they'll end up in the emergency room instead ... and that just increases the cost for everyone.

Best Answer

once again correcting your lies BeckyRomero, the deductibles for private plans are much higher under private plans than Obamacare

Best Answer

I didn't say they are or aren't. The difference is that ObamaCare carries an individual mandate. So people who can't afford insurance now will be in the same boat even with the subsidies.

Best Answer

This is really the point.People will like it.Republicans will not win an<br />
election anywhere. At least twenty year. Ash pile of history.

Best Answer

lol. You really believe that? Well, ObamaCare I think covers mental health.

Best Answer

Give them some cheap alcohol (a good choice would be "Legacy" by Angostura) so they can get used to it

Best Answer

Whoa! Yes I agree with you. I am really excited to sign up for my health care next month. I just wish dental was included because that is so important and the least available coverage.<br />
Every time they have that free clinic everyone is there for dental care.

Best Answer