Oh yes, recently I interviewed for a part time sales job and almost all of the sale's people...........although attractive (M&F), only three had a rough idea how to actually sell a product. The manager who interviewed appeared to look more like a Tanning Saloon employee than a Sales Manager. He wasn't exactly sure how to pitch sales, texted through out the interview, and than made a call whispered how he was trying to get tickets to some concert.<br />
I got up and left.

Best Answer

Everything is made in china today. <br />
Before person finish learning about the product - it breaks down. <br />
No point to spend time learning.

Best Answer

Know less? Most of them don't even know what you are talking about when you ask about a product. They simply say NO, we don't carry that. Then as you browse, you find it. Take it to them, show them that they do indeed carry this product, and you get a blank stare.

Best Answer

because of super stores we dont' have as many specialty stores that specialize in one department of goods. plus, people are lazy.

Best Answer

Yep it is the new corporate strategy of creating sales zombies instead of people with thought and emotions.

Best Answer

Depends where you shop. Here in the UK I love John Lewis, the sales assistants are all partners ie they get a share of the profit their department makes, so yeah they know their ****, excellent service.

Best Answer

Maybe they don't believe in what they are selling anymore

Best Answer

Yeah, most are just reading from a pamphlet, I think.

Best Answer