Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 13 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Food

Organic foods straight from the local farm, ftw!

Best Answer

Frankenfood.

Best Answer

Yes, they smell like wax and pesticides, isnĀ“t that sad ?

Best Answer

The flavor has been bred out of them in favor of durability (not bruising during packing & shipping and the ability to hold for a long shelf life) That's why I grow some of my veggies, home grown cucumbers have a mouth-watering aroma that store bought cukes don't have.

Best Answer

The fruits and veggies I grow taste great but it's spoiled me. I don't even like wasting money on crap. It's not the pesticides that changed the flavor, it's the fact that they're bred for stability and appearance and that makes them lose a lot in taste. Plus commercial produce is picked before it's ripe.

Best Answer

well stupid big agri, don't they know we won't pay outrageous prices for stuff that doesn't even taste good!

Best Answer

Yes. <br />
The Agri businesses did this on purpose to destroy the texture and taste of fruits and vegtables so more and more people would start to eat fast foods.

Best Answer

Yes they are overdosed with fertilizer and pesticides and sped along very quickly to allow extra crops per year. You'd notice a difference growing your own or buying from a local market.

Best Answer

I notice a BIG difference just from how things USED to taste when I was growing up.

Best Answer

That happened a few years ago

Best Answer

Yes... so hard to find a tomato that actually testes and smells like tomato. I'm learning how to grow my own food.

Best Answer

They are super easy to grow- just make sure u don't let them get too dry or too wet. I've been growing my own tomatos since they went past the pricepoint of 99 cents and I'm not willing to pay more than 99 cents a pound for tomatos

Best Answer

That is because they are now mass produced and treated with chemicals :(

Best Answer

I thought veggies were always mass produced in a garden-like a farm wouldn't have one tomato bush

Best Answer

Not like now where they remove everything else and swamp with chemicals.

Best Answer