We watched the show and found it sickening. The bald guy seems to be a major pampas ***. The pawn show is bad enough, now this? why is the history channel wasting good air time on this garbage?
hardnutjr hardnutjr 41-45, M 4 Answers Jul 31 in Movies & TV

I see "Pawn Stars" few times, not like it much, Hi8story Channel; waste much time, e.g. "Ancient Aliens" is childish hoax.

Best Answer

I'm with you... ( surprise )... This is the 3rd or 4th spinoff from the original show ...They all suck ! More and more "reality" shows on History and Discovery... They're cheap to make and boring as hell.... It reflects ( sorry to say ) the mentality of the targeted viewing audience. It's really getting hard to find a decent Documentary style program and if you find one it's the 12th re-run this month !!!

Best Answer

My wife likes the pawn show for the interesting things. With time we now see the same things from other shows. Producers using people as actors to use things, beyond reality. The "Let me call in an expert" is a stretch. If he thinks its of great value he would try to get it for almost nothing. Calling an expert might be after he bought it. These "experts" are not running to pawn shops to value items there. Would be waste of their time and money. for a fee they might. One shop ask me for price value on an historic firearm. I quoted my appraisal fee and they hung up.
Early in the show we see people selling things that now are on other shows.
looks more like a reality show into the lives of the shop flunkies now, and not the neat items.
A nice historic documentary would be a good time slot filler. Like the men who built American.

Best Answer

I know, it's more about money than history and I do remember when the history channel had some good shows, looked forward to watching them. If you want to watch the better shows you need to subscribe to premium channels because there's another History Channel that offers them. It is all about the money.

Best Answer

I get the other channels, but we enjoy quiz shows like Jeopardy. Thinking this would be like that. yet it is not. Never seen any people of quality owning a pawn shop. They are for the most part leaches on society. Was part of a sting for stolen property bought and sold. When the books were looked over, we noticed a lot of high value items bought for nearly nothing. The We are here to HELP is a joke. They are there to make a LOT of money and sucker when possible. The bringing in "experts" is for TV, and not usual. They offer almost nothing to get an item.

Best Answer

I knew a lady in a smaller town in Oklahoma who's husband had a pawn shop, they were buying and keeping hand tools that didn't require electricity in case the $h!t hits the fan and their extended family needs to live off-grid for awhile. Maybe it's different in small towns where you have a reputation to uphold, I don't know. She didn't seem sleezy at all.

Best Answer

Usually after time the greed get them. The area and customer base would effect their ability to do this. Widow took her husbands guns in after he died. They told her laws kept her from taking them out. If she sold to anyone other than a pawn shop, that was a felony. They then gave her a few hundred dollars for several guns. One of the guns was a Winchester double with more than a new car. Was a special engraved gun in mint condition. When family came to get them back, were told they are all gone. We sold them. Not true the guns were in an auction some years later. The consignee was that same pawn shop.

Best Answer

taking advantage of a widow, shame on them

Best Answer

Patti... I have them all and it's the same crap.... If it's southern and redneck hillbilly there's gonna be about 8 -10 shows , all phony as hell !

Best Answer

I think redneck and southern (and Amish) themes make good fodder for reality shows, and a poor image of the United States for the rest of the world.

Best Answer