Thoughts?
dustypork dustypork 31-35, F 2 Answers Mar 31 in Movies & TV

It's another example of why i am disappointed in Discovery. It's what sells now but it seems when i was growing up Discovery was more about learning now it's about drama.<br />
It's inly a few years away from being a copy of TLC, which i like to call Total Llama Crapshoot.

Best Answer

I know it is such a disappointment the route Discovery has taken. They never have any of the programming I remember watching as a child which was a lot of health, science and nature programs.

Best Answer

That's exactly how i see it. I remember being excited to get Discovery and even TLC when i was a kid, now i'm lucky to get a Mythbusters rerun.
They moved all the non drama stuff to higher subscription channels and even those channels seem to be trying to go reality.
Guess we have to remember they are owned by a profit seeking corporation, so they air what sells.

Best Answer

I like seeing old cars redone......However, so much of that show is completely staged.

Best Answer

Yeah, but is any show these days not staged? I just happened to have the tv on Discovery when i turned it on and never switched so I watched an episode. I was surprised that online this shows is apparently the highest rated of the channel. Doesn't stand up to the other motor shows they've had.

Best Answer