I bought my son some all natural teething gel to rub on his gums. I decided to try it just now so I rubbed it on my gums. It did absolutely nothing. Does that mean it isn't helping him?
FellidayaFiresong FellidayaFiresong 31-35, F 3 Answers Jul 21, 2012

I've tested it too and I'm still not convinced it does anything for her.

Best Answer

you're not teething. :D It's not like anbesol, or something like that

Best Answer

Lol. I know. This is my first child and I'm not sure what it was supposed to do. I thought it might have some effect like cooling or numbing.

Best Answer

It's very weak. Oh, BTW. One of the best things is to put a bagel in the freezer, and let the baby chew on the frozen piece of bagel. It works wonders.

Best Answer

Thanks. He hasn't started solid food yet though.

Best Answer

it's okay, it's just for chewing on, like a teething ring. It's also edible and okay if he gets some in his system.

Best Answer

Think about how much more sensitive your babies skin is, same with gums.

Best Answer

Agreed. It only took 2 answers to make me feel like an idiot. Lol

Best Answer

Oh, don't feel like an idiot. It is okay to be concerned about your baby, and wanting to take the pain away. It is your first kid? You will surely have many moments like this one, and so does every parent out there.

Best Answer

Oh I am sure! Shoulda seen me the first time he projectile vomitted! Lmao. I almost had an anxiety attack.

Best Answer