You eat for only 8 hours straight a day. You eat what you normally eat. You can even eat stuff that is not so good for you. However they encourage you to eat health. The rest of the day you fast.
AlexaW AlexaW 51-55, F 9 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Image & Weight

no.....but I drank the 8 hour wine....the Jamaican guy sold to me........in the box, in the park under the oak tree

Best Answer

I subscribe to the "burn more calories than you take in to achieve weight loss" theory. I'm decidedly antiquated in that way...

Best Answer

I generally ... always do that. I am at ideal weight by doing just that. I just tried the 8 hour thing over the weekend.

Best Answer

Howd it go? It seems like itd be difficult to get anything else done...

Best Answer

My weight didn't pop up like it does most weekends. I don't have to start over on working on my maintenance. I will probably do weight watchers count during the week and then the 8 hour thing on the weekend from now on.

Best Answer

You are not supposed to eat for 8 hours straight just eat like you normally would in those 8 hours. As he states on the today those the diet is not an excuse to binge

Best Answer

Reading this makes me hungry.

Best Answer

No. Because "diets" don't work if the goal is a lasting reduction of body-fat. What does work with proven results is limiting your food intake to REAL food. Not processed foods, not "low fat", not "diet". Whole veggies (complex carbs), meat/cheese/chicken/eggs. "Low fat" means high - something else. And that something else is almost always highly processed carbs. The true enemy!<br />
if you wanna reduce body fat quickly, just say no to sugars, ALL grains (including whole grain), and starches for a few weeks. Once you've reduced to you goal, carefully and slowly add back in whole grains, but still limit sugars and starches.

Best Answer

I agree I have done that very thing to this point. But tried this over the weekend to see if it works. It seemed to work for me. I weight 110 lb and am 5'1". I am generally 3 to 5 lb higher than I am now.

Best Answer

That's encouraging, but we (humans) can't really tell if it's "true" loss for several weeks. If it stays off - and continues to reduce... than your doing something right. There is some truth to eating more often though. Small (healthy) meals more often (5-7 times a day) means the hormones that cause hunger in the first place are suppressed, And your getting nutrients.
My aunt is a hospital dietician, so I get all this first hand. She reminds me constantly that the body needs 2 things - calories and nutrients. The hunger hormone is released ONLY when there is a lack of nutrients - not for calories. Interesting huh?! If it were "all about calories" (as some suggest), we could live on plain table sugar.
Also, your goal isn't reduced "weight", it's reduced size. Big difference. Weight is based on gravity, size is based on how you look in clothing/what you see in the mirror/how others see you. You can't "see" weight. Make your goal "size" based, and you'll focus changes... and is less depressing. (no negative reactions / depression caused by stepping of silly bathroom scales). All my best.

Best Answer

I work out for about 6 months and then I fall dead in my bed for months. I am one to work toward having veggies. I try to eat more chicken than red meat as well. I am nearly 56 years old and doing pretty well.

Best Answer

Well isn't that a nice diet? You get to sleep through half the time you're fasting...

Best Answer

Yes it was nice yesterday and Saturday because I have been sleeping in late.

Best Answer

You eat for eight hours straight?

Best Answer

Yes that is right. I am careful all week and count like the weight watchers people do. My weight pops up on the weekends because i am not nearly as careful, This weekend i did it and my weight didn't pop up. I actually lost weight.

Best Answer

How can you eat for 8 hours straight? You would explode! Of course, then you would weigh less. Maybe they're on to something...

Best Answer

I ate 2 big meals yesterday during the 8 hours.

Best Answer

So you don't actually eat for 8 STRAIGHT HOURS. You eat normally over a period of 8 hours! Ahhh...

Best Answer

What? :s

Best Answer