olddreams olddreams 56-60, M 4 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in EP

Excellent. But it seems like EP has drifted from that original vision to some extent:(

Best Answer

I think it is just growing pains. The founder is a regular guy, not experienced in running a large company or having to deal with all the demands of something as big and complex as EP. With time, I think (hope) it will move back to what he originally envisioned it to be, but at the end of the day, the tools are here so it is more about what the members make it than what he (or you and I) want it to be.

Best Answer

Yeah, I just watched it. I had read from the wiki earlier that he started with a disease support website. The talk is good and inspiring. There's a bit of hype that we may have to discount and he doesn't mention challenges faced in managing the dynamics of diversity, like moderation, business viability of scale etc. But I'll surely appreciate the positive aspects brought out by his talk (which form a great part). <br />
I have always felt EP is a great and unique place of true stories by common people (cutting out the ones that are not). <br />
One also noticeable lack in EP is that, while we do see people who are victims of hurt , disease or suffering, we don't see the people who cause hurt, where they come from and what causes them to act the way they do. Those experiences of them also go a long way in making a better or worse world, and in addition to law handing over the punishment for the symptoms, they will require healing and therapy of the causes. I wonder, What would that project be ?

Best Answer

Good points. I completely agree that this is a great and unique place. ....... As for those that cause hurt, if you read between the lines, we see them sometimes. They are the ones who admit to "getting even" or boast of doing things that most people know are wrong. They always blame others without ever taking any responsibility for any of the problem, even when it is clear that they are mostly to blame for the situation. Generally people call them trolls and ignore them, but there is much to learn from the way they evade responsibility and shift blame. ..... As for the really bad people, a site for them would probably be The Alibi Project ..... People fascinate me. I gather they fascinate you too.

Best Answer

zzZZZzzz

Best Answer

He's not a dynamic public speaker, but I admire that despite the fact he's uncomfortable in front of an audience, he was willing to promote the good that EP does. (And after watching him, I don't believe for a second that it is about the money for him -- just like his first web site wasn't about money. He genuinely wants to help.)

Best Answer