Sandee -- I do not mean this as a "smart-***" comment. However, I see from your profile that you are between 60 and 65 and I would assume your husband is of a similar age. If that is true, is your husband even capable of having sex every day? I know at the age of 60, I am not interested in sex every day, nor am I capable of it if I am honest with myself.<br />
So -- A few questions. Has this always been the case in your relationship or is this a recent change of behavior? How often would you be comfortable with? Is there a reason you find it difficult or impossible to say no to him?<br />
If this is new behavior, then something is causing it -- a new medication or some emotional stress. I know when I first began to experience ED, I wanted sex more often, most likely as reassurance that I was still able.<br />
You need to have a conversation with your husband to understand his feelings. You may want to have a Needs, Fears, and Wants conversation in which each of you discuss what you bottom-line, no compromise needs are, e.g. a house to live in, food to eat, etc. Usually your fears are those of losing you Needs, but sometimes there are others. For a man, a fear that is common is loss of manhood. Finally, discuss wants. I am not talking only sex here, but things you would like to have or do in your relationship. This wants discussion can then serve as the basis for negotiation and bargaining where you get to say "I will do this if you will do that; I will give you this if you will give me that," and so forth. If he wants sexual contact on a daily basis, what is he willing to give you or do for you that you want, in return for more frequent sex. If you only want sex once a week and he wants daily, perhaps you can agree on twice a week. <br />
If he is intransigent and unwilling to compromise and negotiate, then you may need to involve a marriage counselor unless you are willing simply to accede to his demands. You should realize that as the woman, you have the upper hand and generally control access to sex. You should be sensitive to his needs and wants, but being sensitive does not mean sacrificing your own desires entirely. It means compromising to find an acceptable middle ground on which basis both of you can be reasonably happy.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply . Yes , we are in our early sixties. We are kind of still newly weds almost 2 years. My husband is capable of sex everyday, even though he does have prostate problems , that does interfear to some degree with our trying to have sex. He has no problem getting an arousal , he has a huge libido. We have had many arguements over this since we married. I am fine with sex with him several times a week. But he feels , it should be a physical requirement from his mate , to have some form of sex daily as long as she is not physically ill. I enjoy love making with my husband at times , but I am certainily not interested in it or capable of it daily.
I did try to have conversation's with him bout this issue on many occasions , and he always try to say things to me to make me feel guilty, and to justify all the reasons why we should. I don't fear losing needs I have my own pensions , while I am not rich I can financially support myself comfortably.
Well , now I am not sure what happened to my response to your reply , while I was trying to finish typing to you. Hopefully you did receive it.
I did mention a counseler to him briefly recently but not about the sex issue . We have had other issues in ther marriage since we married, but workable between us, to a degree.
I try to be sensitive to his needs, and I do have sex a lot to try to keep from having a confrontation with him over it. I love my husband with all my heart, and I want things to work between us. But I don't feel that I should feel as though I have to perform any type of sex with him if I am not in the mood or can't physically. He is ok it if I am not physcially capable. I am more than willing to see a counseler if he will be. I am also more than willing to compromise, but I am noones sex machine and certainly not at my age. I just want to find some kind of happy medium with my relationship.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for your answer, I hope that you received my reply as this is a new site for me.

Best Answer