I breast fed all six of my children. My two year old has been cut off since 15 months. I guess she still rememberes. I caught her pulling her shirt down to put her stuffed puppy up to her to breast feed. Im kind of disturbed.
chontell chontell 36-40, F 16 Answers May 31, 2012

Don't be. It's one of the few things she knows and to her it is completely normal. You can tell her that when she grows up she can feed her babies like that also.

Best Answer

Thank you. After i read your answer i had a talk with her.

Best Answer

Don't be alarmed, or disturbed. She's just copying you. And, I'm sure it was a very comforting experience for her - she is trying to share it. And, yep, I am a mom. :)

Best Answer

She is the sweetest child, and im not just saying that because she's my child, but those are the luckiest stuffed animals ever made. She loves thosestuffed animals to death lol

Best Answer

She does sound like a sweetheart. :) She must have a really great mom.

Best Answer

Don't make a big deal of it, and it will pass. Just don't let her do it in public, or there will be people who WILL make a big deal of it. She is trying to share the comfort with her toys that you gave her. She remembers it as a comfort. Not a bad thing, I'd say.

Best Answer

grantmepeaceplease, hit the nail on the head!

Best Answer

Thank you soooo much!

Best Answer

You're welcome.

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I really was disturbed, because of the way things are now, but you made me feel better

Best Answer

why would you be disturbed?

Best Answer

Im afraid someone else would see it, and view it as something bad. Mothers get flack for doing the most natural thing in the world. Can you imagine what they would think of my two year old attempting it with her dolls.

Best Answer

meh, those who think it's bad are lame.

Best Answer

Yes they are, but it's the world were living in now. Thanks

Best Answer

Of course not. It's perfectly natural. Would you be alarmed by her pretending to bottle feed?

Best Answer

You're right. It's not me, it's the way things are with the breast feeding controversey. I don't want any trouble

Best Answer

Breast feeding is wonderful and natural and decent, at least as much as mom and apple pie! My earliest memory is of wanting to be a mommy, just like my warm, loving, wonderful mother.

Please do not be alarmed! I bet your daughter becomes a wonderful, loving mother herself. Nothing better to be!

Best Answer

It's the best thing i've ever been. Thanks for answering :)

Best Answer

Just wait til she tries this with the cat. Be ready with that video camera -- that money from funniest home videos will be yours in no time!

Best Answer

lmao! Thanks i will keep you posted

Best Answer

Your daughter is feeding her animals...bless her she wouldnt know any other way. Try buying her some bottles to feed her toys with...show her a different way :)

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I will do just that, you really helped.

Best Answer

Your welcome, im pleased i did :)

Best Answer

My daughter does the same thing.. but she's breastfeed her baby doll

Best Answer

The funniest thing is that my son, when he was four, tried to breastfeed his baby sisters doll. (His father had a fit, but that's part of the reason why we are divorced now! Male Chauvinists!)

My son was with me all the time and was copying what he saw his mom do. And I breast fed all my children. (I have three, full grown now, and each is making me a grandmother)

Breastfeeding is natural, normal and healthier for your child than formula. I breastfed my children for at least a year and a half each. Mothers from other countries breastfeed their children much longer than we do here and it is not considered a problem. Only America seems to consider breasts as dangerous objects which must be hidden and only used during sex.

Enjoy your baby and your daughters innocence...they are so sweet and delightful at that age. Don't let anyone scare you into doing anything that you don't feel is the best for your children. Breast is Best and Natural is Normal!

Best Answer

Thank you very much your answer helped me, and i hope it help others :)

Best Answer

no way you shouldn't be alarmed. it could cue your child to consider her breasts and their natural function as inappropriate when it shouldn't be like that. humans need to abandon these wretched traditions and superstitions that surround and demonize natural behaviors that facilitate healthy and necessary functions (child rearing). it doesn't make sense to have them ascribed a villainous role nor be allowed to permeate society and culture, having it simply for the sake of having it. its a burden that humanity shouldn't have to shoulder.

Best Answer

Soooooo true! Thank you very much

Best Answer

(facepalm) some people....

Best Answer

So right thanks

Best Answer