I a young female cat who is going through her first heat, and all she does is MEOW and MEOW and MEOW all day and all night, we always try to hush her by sternly saying quiet, but nothing works. I have even encouraged out fixed male cat to do the deed so that maybe she would stop, it hasnt worked either, how long do cats usually stay in heat for! I know its not wise to let her get pregnant during her first or second heat, so I am keeping her indoors but she is really annoying!
Jesusfoundme Jesusfoundme 31-35, F 8 Answers Jan 18 in Community

5 to 7 days on average once it starts. I get my cats fixed as soon as possible for this reason.

Best Answer

Remember when you were young and friskie?

Best Answer

Listen to Bob Barker... "Help control the pet population... have your pets spayed or neutered"

Best Answer

I do have all of my other cats spayed and neutered, but..........I was thinking of breeding her just once! Because she is a beautiful with really nice features Himalayan, part siamese part persian. She is really gorgeous, and I think it would be nice for my kids to experience playing with a litter of kittens for once in their lives, maybe if it doesnt traumatize them maybe even witness the birth, but I do plan on getting her fixed I just wanted one batch of gorgeous kittens, and I would look for a male Himalayan online to breed her with as well.

Best Answer

I have been there. It sounds trivial but I know how annoying it can be. They make a LOT of noise. A couple of weeks to a month at least. Get her fixed.

Best Answer

Squirt bottle, spray her with water. She'll eventually get the idea.

Best Answer

lol I feel for ya!!

Best Answer