This is not just an internet phenomena.. it can be viewed at work suggestion boxes.. newspapers.. many places.
MikeWinther MikeWinther 41-45, M 8 Answers Oct 16, 2011

Because I was warned not to put my own name by a computer...

Best Answer

Skynet could find you...

Best Answer

In some cases, some things may just need to be said and it doesn't always matter who says them. Sometimes it may be that the person is humble and doesn't want or need the attention. Sometimes people are just cowards.

Best Answer

I agree with things needing to be said.. but if a person doesn't stand for the words is it really heard? I understand this concept quite well myself from back in school days.. when the term.. atomic wedgie came to be :S

Best Answer

No one likes negative feedback or people to disagree with them <br />
Also lots of people go overboard when they dont like what people have to say or are about. <br />
We have learned to hide ourselves as a safety measure in this society especially when it comes to internet

Best Answer

I agree that people don't like negative feedback... but strangely enough its a building block for moving forward at the same time too

Best Answer

Because maybe they don't like their real name so they create a fake one, because of how people can track them down and kill them or watevr.... idk, it easy they can bully and nobody knows who it is :P

Best Answer

if a person creates a fake name.. does that mean their response is fake too then?

Best Answer

I think it's mostly because people can track you down or recognize you by your name. And there are times when you will feel more free to express yourself if you can do it with a degree of anonymity. People don't want unpleasant ramifications for expressing their opinions, and the only way to effectively avoid those is to remain nameless. This especially makes sense if you are criticizing company policy or your superiors, and you don't want to lose your job. It also makes sense if you don't want to get hate mail or unpleasantness from the people who might strongly disagree with you.

Best Answer

If people track you down.. they already know they are STALKERS. Unpleasant ramifications will happen whether a person speaks up or not, but I would rather stand in the sun.

Best Answer

TROLLS ! Who would post their details ? That's idiocy ...

Best Answer

Anyone that wants to cross a bridge has to read what a Troll says:D

Best Answer