inmates have the right to marriage, spousal/conjugal visits for which the prision would have to provide condoms if requested and the accomodations for this. We well know that there are pleny of prison marriages....If it were legal imagine what would happen if womens prisons. Would spouses be allowed to live in the same cell?
infpisme infpisme 46-50, M 7 Answers Jan 5, 2012

what?

Best Answer

Married prisoners only have contact with spouses that are not in prison. To my knowledge if two people (man and woman) are married and they are both even in the same prison they have no conjugal visits and almost no access to each other.

Best Answer

Did not know this..... I simply thought that prisoners who are ready partake in well know "prison marriages" might take the opportunity to make it legal and am interesterd in other's thoughts on the matter.

Best Answer

Not only that, it is true the prison has no say who they can marry, but they certainly have a say over conjugal visits. they have to be earned regardless and most states no longer have them.

Best Answer

Thanks, I've got somebody thinking on it..... Now who would pay for this stuff. Prisoners do have a right to marry and if legal an inmate of the same gender.

Best Answer

You aren't being serious, are you?

Best Answer

Yes, I believe this is the reason it will never be fully legally recognized as marrige because it would mean the married prisoners have benefits that the single ones don't. (Sharing quaters with a spouse/lover for example)

Best Answer

married prisoners can have over night visits... so what difference does it make if they are married to the opposite sex or not? If they have a right to have an spouse stay over night they have a right... the fact they are the same sex or different does NOT matter...

Best Answer

it's not about that, it is about how they would live in prison as a married couple

Best Answer

Your whole premise is wrong because gay marriage is legal in some states in the U.S.A and maybe other countries. So your initial statement is flawed i.e. you say it will never be legal when obviously it is already and spreading.

Best Answer

Can prisionors in those states get married if they wanted to?

Best Answer

I really don't know , I have never heard anybody say anything about if they can nor can't. I think straight prisoners can.

Best Answer

You just made me all the more for guy marriage. Seeing as our correctional system is the worst nightmare ever inflicted on our society and no one knows how to fix it, at least there will be someone getting something out of it.

Best Answer

stop coming up with good answers!!

Best Answer