Addendum: His customers keep coming back because they want his products so badly. He recruits and employs underprivileged youth. His company purchases millions of dollars' worth of American products (aircraft, automobiles, boats). He gives money to law enforcement personnel. He supports the home town team, often providing his products gratis to some of the players. Oh, yeah, and one other thing: HE'S A DRUG KINGPIN!!!! Message (in case you missed it): There's a heck of a lot more to being the President than just building and running a business.... Think about it.
franklyspeaking franklyspeaking 56-60, M 13 Answers Jun 23, 2012

Are you talking about the guy who pulled himself up by the bootstraps starting as the mere son of an automobile executive state governor, and amassed half a billion dollars by sending American jobs overseas?

Best Answer

What a joke. Big business is raking in record profits in the worst economy since the great depression. Do you really think they want the gravy train to stop? They are making money so fast the banks have started charging them for depositing their billions.<br />
The problem in case it somehow escaped your attention is that over the last 15 years US politics have become so corrupt nobody else can get any business done. I'd rather have a small or mid sized businessman in office that I can trust than some self-made billionaire who is a known liar.

Best Answer

Didn't escape my attention, wuli. Good point about the small businessman. Harry Truman was a haberdasher before becoming FDR's V.P.

Best Answer

Those were the days. "Public service" has become a joke in bad taste.

Best Answer

cant be any worse than a chicago lawyer and commutity activist who thinks my tax money should be shovelled off a truck to whoever he feels is worthy

Best Answer

Are you assuming that I mean any particular person? It's a question about someone who has built a business empire that has employed hundreds of people.

Best Answer

It depends on what direction one desires the government to take. The answer is yes, if you want a government that if financial responsible (balanced budgets, reduced national debt, government employees being financially responsible) and polices that encourage expansion of a free enterprise system. The answer is no, if you want a government that ignores budget limits, national debt, and support polices that enslave the citizens to government handouts.

Best Answer

Hell no bro. Obama 2012<br />
Obamas the POTUS with the mostest

Best Answer

Frankly,my cat is probably as qualified as any of the clowns that are running. But then would anyone with actual intelligence or common sense even want to take responsibility for this mess?

Best Answer

From scratch? <br />
This is not a self-made man. Mitt Romney comes from wealth. He was born and bred for power. He came from wealthy, politically connected parents. He went to the expense prep school He graduated with connections, training, and the cultural capital necessary to repeat his father's success. And yeah, he did. <br />
That said, of course it qualifies him to be POTUS. Hell, it's practically essential. and that's everything wrong with the political system right there. <br />
Also, big entrepreneurs don't 'make jobs' - demand for goods and services creates jobs. The Mitt Romneys of the world just ensure those jobs pay the lowest amount possible to ensure the shareholders and executives live large.

Best Answer

I did not name Romney as the person. I'm just asking a hypothetical question--as it relates to business empire/job creators.

Best Answer

(tick)

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

Does the type of business matter at all?

Best Answer