So i met this guy on OkCupid, we talked for 3 days on OkCupid and then I gave him my facebook. We've been talking everyday for 2 weeks but it feels I've known for a really long time. We really hit it off and he seems different from any guys I've ever talked to. He has a decent job (paramedic). But we're living in 2 different cities. He lives 4 hours from me. He said next week he's gonna drive to my city to see me in person and stay at his grandma's for 2 days (both of his grandmothers live in my city). The problem is normally, we'd just be a couple that met on an online dating site and decided to see each other in person so our first date shouldn't be too long. But in this case, he lives 4 hours from me and he'll have driven 450 km just to see me so it wouldn't be nice if I just spent an hour with him. First off, we'll have coffee at a coffee shop. That's all I can think of now. What are the things that we can do together after that? Please give me some ideas.
amandathedreamer amandathedreamer 18-21, F 6 Answers May 14 in Dating & Relationships

go mini golfing. It is public, and can go at a slow pace throughout while talking.

Best Answer

whatever you do make sure it is in a publc place, with tons of witnesses during the daylight hours. Psycho serial killer stalkers will drive 4 hours to see you, ok? Be safe!

Best Answer

here's hoping he's not some old creep

Best Answer

Please do be careful and learn from my mistake. Don't let him come to your home and do not go to his grandmas.... Meet in a public place. People can be deceiving and put on a good front. The only and last time I ever met someone from online I was raped and he had lied about his age by 7 years as well as left out he had a 10 year old child. As for date ideas there tons of stuff, bowling, golfing, movies, museums/art galleries, parks. Just make sure you meet in the daytime and keep it fun and lighthearted.

Best Answer

Go see a movie and have dinner together. Nothing scary or anything that would attack your nerves (no suspense or anything like that). A comedy would be good. I'd stay away from Romantic/Comedies. That would be a good 2nd or 3rd date. Romance movies are also out as it might put pressure on him.<br />
Without knowing where your from, picking destinations for outings is hard. Where I'm from there are lots of historic areas to explore.<br />
You can also go for walks (if he gets there too early for movies)<br />
Hope those help.

Best Answer

Why would you trust a stranger like that? O.o

Best Answer