My boyfriend told me this last night and it really, really hurt but he said it in the heat of an argument and I know we both say a lot of mean things when we're mad at each other but we never crossed the line this far and I even tried to get him to clarify so I made sure it wasn't something he said out of emotions. After he said it I asked "You regret me?" and he said "Yes." He didn't say he regretted our friendship, he didn't say our relationship, he said me, as in my existence in his life. I already know what I'm going to do but I want other people's unbiased opinions on how they would handle the situation and think of this boyfriend/girlfriend as someone you've been dating for over a year now and you're really in love. Nothing petty like 2 months or someone you can get over in a week. Thank you!
Val3ntine Val3ntine 18-21, F 17 Answers Jul 9, 2011

I had this happen in my teen years except she said it , Now understanding that there is more than one fish in the sea of love my solution was quick and simple : Don't let the door hit you on the way out , Then moving on with My life not dwelling on the past .

Best Answer

@Paschar- Wow people are horrible but it seems like a good idea. Thank you for the advice!

Best Answer

Thank You : after one year if she regrets me then there's no sence in draging it out hopelessly + There's no regrets in the aftermath .

Best Answer

I would bring it up when we're not fighting and ask him about it again. If he says he didn't mean it and it was just a thing to say when he was angry I would let him know it actually really hurt and was crossing the line. If it just starts another fight I would consider moving on. <br />
Personally I need to be with someone that I don't fight with much. I don't like the whole "I was just angry" as an excuse to say mean things, I think it's pretty damaging to the relationship even before lines like that are crossed.

Best Answer

@Kilyra- That's a good idea actually and I'm like that too. I don't like arguing and fighting but we unfortunately do it a lot.

Best Answer

I fully agree with Kilyra

Best Answer

If someone says that to you you need to bail out of that relationship.That is not a heat of the moment comment that is a comment from deep inside and I believe he really means it.Heat of the moment comments are more like "you're dumb,you're stupid,you're nag,..etc NOT "I regret you".You know how it made you feel and that should be enough to say good bye to that loser.

Best Answer

@rknst- Thank you for the advice. It makes a lot of sense and this has got me thinking a lot now.

Best Answer

After the honeymoon period is over is when you know what kind of relationship you have. Whether it was just lovey-dovey and romantic at the beginning and then when you get to know each other there is only bickering and hatred left, or a long-lasting relationship where you are friends who respect, protect and love each other for the long run. Looks like you are done with the honeymoon period. You are still very young - check your relationship and make sure you are not wasting your time with someone who will not reciprocate your feelings.

Best Answer

id simply show them the rope, shovel and bag of lime in the trunk of my car and smile. :)

Best Answer

@mysterymom- Lol, you guys are funny. This is really cheering me up.

Best Answer

Dear god thats a terrible thing to say to anyone. If it were me I think I'd leave and walk away I wouldn't want to be something someone regretted. I hope things go well for you?

Best Answer

@Nshanz- I was thinking the same thing. It was horrible to say. Thank you for the advice, I'll be fine =D

Best Answer

I'd say "good-I hope you will be very miserable thinking about all the time you wasted by being with me." Then,without another word,I 'd turn and walk away.And remember everyone-if someone is a jerk-don't give second chances.If the comment was out of character,you can choose to forgive if you believe their apology is sincere.But ,wait a day.No rash decisions.

Best Answer

he prob just mad at u ben there and done that last night

Best Answer

....why didn't he/she realize it earlier? so to me its like...'you lost out...were you blind all along?' when u regret, u feel bad not me....so its his/her problem not mine.

Best Answer