Hi(: I was born with spina bifida and when I became a teenager I began dealing with depression and low self esteem. I thought as I grew older it would go away or subside. I'm 19 now almost 20 and I'm still deal in with depression and low self esteem. Is this normal for people my age who have SB? And if so, what are some ways I can snap out of it or cope with SB? This has been so hard on me. Thanks.
goodvibes1994 goodvibes1994 18-21, F 3 Answers Feb 3 in Health

don't know where your from but

http://www.shinecharity.org.uk/

and there are plenty of sites in the US. as well.

good luck with your challenge.

Best Answer

Many teens are dealing with depression, its not normal but is treatable and addressable through therapy. Dont know that SB is the trigger or if other things happening in your teen life triggered it.

Best Answer

I think SB is affecting it. Its like my brain is normal and fine but my body is the complete opposite. I feel like a normal teenage girl but I know I'm not..

Best Answer

Ask yourself this - why do you think you suffer with depression and low self esteem? Is there any reasons that might've triggered it or caused it?

Best Answer

I think SB is affecting it. Its like my brain is normal and fine but my body is the complete opposite. I feel like a normal teenage girl but I know I'm not. That's been harder for me as I've gotten older

Best Answer