Hi all. I'm 22 and my husband is 25, we've been together 4 years and married for 1.5, we have a one year old daughter and I'm currently 7 months pregnant. I'm so unhappy in my marriage I really don't know where to start, I moved away from home when my daughter was born to live on army camp as I didn't want her missing out on her dad, i suffered very bad post natal depression at the time, ever since my pregnancy with my first daughter my hudband had t been attracted to me in anyway, I'm 7 months pregnant and still a size 10 I also look after myself very well nails, hair, make up everyday, tan I really try, my house is immaculate, I work self employed of evenings and care for my daughter throughout the day, my hudband calls me fat, insults me and my job and calls me a bad mum, he never wants sex with me, and when I bug him for it it's seems a chore, I've caught him watching **** ( didn really bother me he's a man) but I felt insulted that he's not attracted to me, I don't drive and my one year old is hard work, also being 7 months pregnant its uncomfortable to walk far, I'm feeling like. Prisoner in my own home, his moods change day to day and it's getting to the point I'm dreading him coming home as I don't know how he's going to be, some of my friends say he's like this to knocks confidence
Ecb100 Ecb100 22-25 11 Answers Sep 6, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

what'd u expect from an army brat/man ?? I mean it's not like d army attracks any man who has a 'real' life plan,,,, only morons, beaners,,and trailer trash types,,,

Best Answer

He was totally different to any man I met, but Afghanistan did change him, but he refuses to get help he assumes he will look like a "****" at work for asking for counselling x

Best Answer

yep,, that's all army like typical reaction,,,

Best Answer

yea I know,,,, I turned down an appointment to Colo Spgs also,,,, lol

Best Answer

Short answer, he needs help. It sounded at first like he might have been suffering from postpartum depression too (men can get it, too, people don't usually know that) but you said it was from Afghanistan. Whatever the reason, he is taking it out on you and shortchanging his daughter because he is afraid of what he will 'look like' for asking for counseling. It's time for him to grow up, man up, and ask for help. It takes a bigger man to ask for help than it does one who puts his wife down and tears his family apart. I'm so sorry he's treating you that way, you don't deserve it, but it sounds like he needs an outlet and unfortunately he's decided that you're it. Please don't take what he says personally, you're just his verbal punching bag, which is completely unfair. It may be time for you to stand up and give him the choice of staying with you and the kids and getting help, or staying the way he is alone. What I'm saying is this is his issue that's become a family issue. Be supportive of him if he wants to get help but you can't allow him to be abusive to you because it's convenient for him. It's a difficult situation, I hope he can get a grip and get into counseling. There's nothing wrong with getting counseling, BTW, he'd go to the doctor if he was physically ill and wouldn't wonder what it would make him look like. He needs to get over himself and put his family first now.

Best Answer

get rid of him for the sake of you and your children, its not going to get any better

Best Answer

Is there a question in there? I missed it. <br />
You might want to post this in the "I am in a sexless marriage" group. There are a lot of people in that group who will be more supportive. The Q&A section really isn't the area I would suggest for support. You will get all kinds of answers. Some helpful, some not.

Best Answer

Apparently you suffer from selective vision.

Best Answer

I'd say it sounds like a dead end. And that you should fine a way out, and doing the best for your children. Wouldn't be right for them to be raised by a dad tplike that.<br />
Not easy courses of action ahead, clearly.

Best Answer

Yea, I stay away from military anything for this reason. It should be mandatory they seek counseling after leaving places like Iran or Afghanistan. He probably killed a child and its bothering him that much. Have you tried asking him what happened why he was there? Some men even get raped or have just snapped and participated in some things he wouldnt normally do

Best Answer

Seeing as how you are 22 years old and having another kid on the way? I’d say find a hobby to keep you sane during your pregnancy. Then after the pregnancy (and I know this is a total bit#$) try to exercise and get into shape. Eating right will get you back on track to feeling better about your self and being more mobile for your kids. It seems like you are holding back yourself. At the same time, you are 22 years old and don’t drive. What is stopping you from getting your license. This is a problem that will always be with you until you do something about it. Remember basic psychology - you can’t make other people happy until you make yourself happy first. The best advice I can give you at this time is once you get done with your pregnancy – get up off the couch and do things in your life that make a difference, that make you self-reliant instead of looking for support from someone else. This change will not happen overnight but I know you will be better off!

Best Answer

I'm happy with my body I'm a size 10 ( uk size) I am self employed and with a one year old I'm far from
Stuck on the couch all day

Best Answer

Im sorry to hear your Husband isnt a very nice one, id advise you to get out of this septic situation as fast as you can , your still young enough to find happiness again.

Best Answer