Augh. Yes. Christmas is too commercial. Funny how we can't put a nativity on public land but we can fling Christmas deals at each other in every kind of media there is and go crazy trying to find that perfect gift to celebrate the birth of Christ everywhere else.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

In the early 80's, I got a flyer in the [snail] mail, in Sept., w/a picture of Santa Claus on it...lol...I couldn't believe it!

Best Answer

It's as commercial as you make it. Turn off the tv and do something else!

Best Answer

NOWADAYS??? <br />
it's been like that since I can remember, and I'M 71......even back in the 1950's it was the same, although of course there were no computers/cell phones, etc...<br />
you were bombarded with Xmas music, way too many decorations in the stores, etc.......<br />
So it's always been with us, this commercialization of Xmas, just in a different way in the past.........

Best Answer

But its much more intense nowdays. I mean you almost never hear about JESUS and the manger anymore.
Its all about Wal-Mart. =)

Best Answer

Go to church and hear plenty about Jesus.

Best Answer

Trust me back then you never heard much about Him either! lol

Best Answer

I do. I mean outside of church.

Best Answer

Hallmark makes a card for that

Best Answer

Kinda, but I like christmas. I also think Christianity and churches are too commercial these days they have their own bookstores now and all these rich( not humble) televangelists

Best Answer

Not in the least (he says spending £200 on a new xbox because it has a green casing and a picture of the baby jesus on it)

Best Answer

I don't know if it's the commercialism that bothers me as much as the greedy spirit behind it. On the other hand, Christmas as we would like to think of it is a fairly recent invention

Best Answer