You must have the teachers that don't give a ****. It's like that in college too, I suggest learning how to study and take good notes before then because those teachers really don't care if you pass or fail. Not all teachers are lazy like that but unfortunately the ones that are set a bad example for the ones that are doing their job.

Best Answer

There was a time when an algebra teacher would make everyone stand around the classroom at chalk boards and make the students do problems on the board. And therefore the teacher was able to walk around the room helping students as the tried to solve the problems. In addition students could help out each other or work in groups. Unfortunately we live in a world of political correctness. This isn't allowed anymore because it hurts the feelings of lazy students who won't do any work, and expect to pass through school because they are breathing. The same thing happens with reading. Can't have a student read out loud anymore. You don't want to embarrass anyone in front of other students. Everyone has to be equal, so they'll feel good about themselves. Therefore we've dumbed down schools by having very low expectations, so everyone has an equal chance of working for crispy cremes.

Best Answer

*applause*

Best Answer

Yes believe it or not, that is what teachers do ..... they teach you to study !

Best Answer

Yes, plenty of horrible teachers to go around, especially in the public schools.

Best Answer

I am from the U.S. and I currently teach in Asia. There is a difference when it comes to teaching here. It is a lot of work. Families an d students in Asia are taught to excel and to the best in everything. I can not half-*** things here. I spend a lot of time preparing work for my classes and students. They are also very curious and open about religion believe it or not. Religion has been one of the most discussed topics in my classrooms here, I am an English teacher, and I have to stay neutral and show the good and bad of all beliefs. Students here really want to learn and know things. I am not converting any students but answering their questions and give them a more understanding of the world around them. I will not teach in the U.S. If I taught U.S. students they way I teach Asian students, I will have a lawsuit complaining I was too harsh, spoke about God and trying to "convert", didn't treat them all the same, etc. I will just go back and work in a medical clinic like I was doing before. Less drama.

Best Answer

How much do you think teachers get payed?

Best Answer

Not much at all, rightly so apparently. But what baffles me is that they want to be paid more for doing less.

Best Answer

Well have you taken into account the fact that they are most likely teaching what they are mandated to teach? The curriculum is created by both the state, and the federal government, so it's usually not the teachers that are at fault.

Best Answer

They are at fault for not teaching the material to the best of their ability.

Best Answer

HOLLA! The American education system is pure ****. I never learned anything other than reading, writing and basic mathematics in school anyway. Most of the time the teacher was being very dismissive or abusive to get through to the student.

Best Answer