Also in hot weather, or whenever my body temperature is higher. Is this something I should see a doctor about or am I just sensitive to heat?
xlionheart xlionheart 18-21, F 15 Answers Jun 13, 2011

You should see a doctor.<br />
Your body may not be regulating it's own core temperature correctly, or you could even be having circulatory problems.<br />
You should not be getting sick from simple heat.

Best Answer

If you afford a doctor then you should consult one. It could be nothing or a symptom for something serious. So its better to check it out.

Best Answer

I and my mom have this problem. It's probably low blood pressure. Heat can cause blood vessels to dilate, which lowers blood pressure and can result in feeling faint, or actual fainting.

Best Answer

Low BP was my first thought, but I'm not sure if GI upset is associated with low blood pressure, that's why I'm thinking it may be something more?

Best Answer

I get that too - feeling nauseous. I think it goes with the fainting part. I see black spots, feel sick to my stomach, things start to spin and I realize I'm about to black out.

Best Answer

if it's low blood pressure, you can be tested for vitamin deficiency; sometimes the two are related. Also I'm not sure on this one, but it could be affected by some food allergies/intolerances. If the doctors tell you it doesn't try removing all common food allergies yourself, one at a time for about 2 weeks each, and see if the problem remains. If it goes away, you might have some sort of allergy/intolerance to that food.

Best Answer

yeah, I had that growing up. Found out it was my iron levels too low and milk intolerance causing it. Now that I keep my iron levels up and my GI track doesn't deal with the lactose intolerance issues I no longer have the almost-fainting spells, upset GI track, etc.

Best Answer

You're probably dehydrated. Drink more water.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with the shower. I get really light headed. Like I could hardly walk. But once I get out of the heat in the bathroom & drink some water, I'm all better. I love my hot showers tho.

Best Answer

My daughter has the problems that you've mentioned, she passes out when the weather gets warm. She is also intolerant of exercise and lost quite a bit of weight because she had no appetite and was vomiting quite often. After a few years back and forth to the doctors she was diagnosed with POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), it's very uncommon and extremely debilitating. I'd put a link to some info but I don't know how to do that, definitely look into it though (there's also a group on EP with POTS).

Best Answer

I have this trouble but not with showers. I absolutely can not submerge myself in a bath tub for more than 5 minutes.

Best Answer

Stay cool? Sounds stupid, but hot water or weather I think raises your blood pressure, causing lightheadedness. At the least it causes your cappilaries to try and rush blood to the skin surface in an attempt to cool you.

Best Answer

I say stay out of hot showers,hot days and hot tubs as much fun as hot tubs can lol

Best Answer

turn it down to warm it dose a beter job.i get the same problem in the summer when it,s over 30c or 90f go for 20 c or 80,f

Best Answer

Adjust for a warm shower

Best Answer

I should have specified, it's not only showers but any time in heat.

Best Answer