God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the ones I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Best Answer

You can't change another person. They have to want to make the changes themselves. And until they are willing to do so nothing you say or do will make them change their minds. Freeed gave an excellent answer. What you need to do is love your mother with all your heart faults and all. I am sure that she is doing the same for you.

Best Answer

People change when NOT changing is more painful for THEM than changing, so if you're doing anything to make it easier for her to continue her bad habits -- STOP enabling her. Apart from that you can pray. The rest you are best off to accept as simply the way it is.

Best Answer

Freeed, that is an amazing answer.<br />
Anywho... You can't change your mom. It is rude to try, you should accept her for who she is and love her unconditionally.

Best Answer