I like Elizabeth Warren for her fiscal knowledge and domestic policy, but she seems to be nowhere on foreign policy issues. So I think Hagel and Warren dividing the ticket would be good, or Warren and Hagel, either way. They should let her handle domestic policy and he could handle foreign policy.
TonyHrinko TonyHrinko 61-65, M 5 Answers Jun 4 in Politics

Good suggestion... a practical and capable guy.... but he could never handle the rigors of campaigning - the way things are. A good man doesn't stand a chance anymore.

Best Answer

Neither Chuck Hagel or Liz Warren would make a good President. BTW, other than being President pro tem of the Senate, the VP has little power or control of anything.

Best Answer

Well, that's not a circumscribed situation. He can be delegated responsibility for things. And Cheney, not Bush, ran foreign affairs and the wars, if not domestic policy as well. No reason why the President couldn't assign the VP responsibility for foreign or domestic policy, or so I think.

Best Answer

What you are proposing would render the Secr of State impotent.

Best Answer

Elizabeth Warren might make Obama seem like a right winger.

Best Answer

Uh no, he's way too conservative AND he feels the US needs to be Israel's bodyguard again Iran.

Best Answer

And let us elect another president who hates Israel.

Best Answer

We haven't elected one yet, what are you whining about? Secondly, stop bullying anyone who doesn't think israel should be allowed to continue to take land and displace palestinians with accusations of "anti-semitism". You know how you are always complaining people are crying racism when people criticize obama? You just did it with israel. Stop being so black and white with your thinking. Just because I don't think Israel should have been founded on terrorism, doesn't mean I think the people there now should be uprooted and stuck in new jersey.

Best Answer

How am I bullying anyone? Because I disagree with some. What you really mean is that I should keep my opinions to myself. Obama is anti Israel. same as his Rev. of twenty years. Where is my racism with Israel?

Best Answer

Right, that's why he's continued military aid payments to Israel, he hates Israel. Makes total sense....Secondly, do you agree with your preacher on everything? I doubt it. hell with that attitude I could accuse you of jailing women who get abortions because some republicans believe that.

Best Answer

He had no choice on aid to Israel, it would be suicide for him and his supporters if he didn't. Please, Obama spent 20 years with Rev. Wright. then tells us he did not know what the Rev. was saying. Really? was Obama asleep for those 20 years?

Best Answer

I'm confused, exactly what apart from military aid were you expecting the president to do? Invade Iran with a combat knife demanding the WMDs? If he continued the aid, I see no difference in policy. My parents have been good catholics for over 40 years. My mother uses birth control, is pro-choice, and has no issue with gay people, my father is the same way. You can be a member of a church and not believe everything they say. The catholic church has fought against abortion for decades, are you seriously suggesting that my parents must secretly believe abortion is wrong because they went to a church where they would preach against it monthly and hold 'life rallies" for 40 years? Straws, notjustme, you're grasping at them.

Best Answer