absolutelle absolutelle 22-25, F 7 Answers Feb 9 in Dating & Relationships

Straddle his face! ....and INSTRUCT! that will put things into proper focus darling :)

Best Answer

Just wait. Your time is near.

Best Answer

dealing with this everyday. Partner, though, means just that, one that shares. If he or she is truly your partner they would be helping you achieve your goals too

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. I know your right but I don't want to have to make him compromise on his ambitions.

Best Answer

I know exactly what you mean. I have son I am raising and this makes your response even more true. I want to be home taking care of our boy but also I miss working and going to school.

Best Answer

This is something that definitely concerns me about having kids. I think you just keep trying and keep communicating.. Maybe start an online course?

Best Answer

That's what I was thinking too!

Best Answer

I love all these different responses. Everyone of them ring true! I did tell him about this conversation and he was good about it. It's nice to have him understand but I'm not going to stop trying to stay visible and relevant.

Best Answer

I hear many complaints from women like yourself saying they want their partners to be driven and have a good personality.They also want their partners to be able to function and have their own hobbies and interests that might not totally go along with yours. Now you are bitching?, sorry it just seems a bit odd. You can be indepenent without worrying that your partner is going to overshadow you. Power is all relative to what? money, sexual chemistry or something else? If your partner is driven and has a huge personality, that should raise you up also,shouldnt it? I am assuming he is no ugly troll either. Right? The other alternative is to drop this driven over achiever and settle for a man who wont upset the apple cart so to speak. You decide. Let us know. Thanks.

Best Answer

Haha I love this. You are quite right. And for the record he is not nearly a ugly troll. Perspective is good. It is about me rather than him. I'm officially taking action and empowering my self. Easiest way to not be passive in a relationship is obviously to do something!

Best Answer

What has your partners personality got to do with your right to be the person you really are. Are you saying he's suffocating you, that he's not allowing you to live as you have a right to? It seems to me you need to remove this bully, this inconsiderate, selfish male chauvinist pig from your life.

Best Answer

See that's the thing, he's not the problem, I am. I care so much for him that I compromise on everything. I'm sure if I said I have a problem he would respond appropriately, probably kindly. Yet I don't want to be the needy one holding him back.

Best Answer

Marriage is about the two of you, you have to accept that you also matter, and as you've now made clear, he actually cares, so tell him how you feel, show him your post in here, but you must do something before you completely disappear as a person.

Best Answer