Yeah, it's kind of like that old cliche - you have to have money to make money; in this case, you have to have a job to get a better job and so the cycle continues. But you also have to remember that in many ways the list of requirements in a job ad is just a "wish list" which describes the ideal candidate. Apply anyway, you've got nothing to lose. The important thing is to write a killer cover letter for your application and have a cv that looks professional, no typos etc. Get a professional to help you with it, even if it means you have to spend a little money on that. In the interview for my current job, my boss said that it was ultimately my cover letter that got me the job - and over 80 people applied for it. Be honest, and try to steer clear of cliches when describing yourself. Think outside the box - make them remember you. At some point you'll come across someone who recognizes your potential. Good luck!

Best Answer

Work for free? I volunteered my time at a local beauty salon not long after I qualified as hairdresser. Maybe you could also try freelance if you have the sort of skills you could do that with.

Best Answer

Everywhere I look either wants 2 or more years or college students! It's the economy. The generation graduating now won't be well off. ba<x>sed of historical statistics, I think they said we would make significantly less in our lifetimes than other generations.

Best Answer

I have always wondered this myself. I think people should hire inexperienced persons. Regardless of how much experience they have, the company will have to train that person any way! Why not spend an extra few days to a week or so for a newbie?

Best Answer

What ever happened to nurturing the newer generation?

Best Answer

I know! Everyone I know looking for a job is having the same problem. I can't find work! Everyone wants at least 5 years experience.

Best Answer

That is stupid and it really p!sses me off.

Best Answer