It seems like I get as attached to my internet friends as I do to my everday real friends, maybe even more so, as I find I am able to get closer to them emotionally. When things change (Break up, stop talking, etc.), it really affects me and I have trouble overcoming it. What about you?
DreamChristine DreamChristine 31-35, F 22 Answers Dec 25, 2012 in Loss of a Friend

Same here , when you connect with a person you connect all the way.The medium does not matter and we do begin to take our online friends seriously as they are an integral part of out life.

Best Answer

I agree. It's sad that some people are just capable of turning it off when the situation no longer suits them.

Best Answer

I think it varies.

To some of my internet friends I have grown very attached -- I feel deep sadness when I miss them -- I have made friends I expect to have a lifetime. I have had one of them for over a decade already. I have another one for whom I would give and do anything for her happiness.

To others, I appreciate them and the time that we have together, but I know it will not last forever. Like the friend you make in an adjacent seat on a transatlantic flight -- you may have great conversation and feel a connection, but you will probably never see them again.

Most are in the middle somewhere.

Best Answer

I guess that is very true.. some people do tend to become 'closer' to me rather than some others... Its hard when someone I thought was very close to me, just disappears or something... i guess in some cases, the feelings were just not mutual... :/

Best Answer

I know....it can be very hard. there are some people I miss sorely.

Best Answer

me too. :(

Best Answer

more than friends off the net, maybe cause i spend a lot of time on the net

Best Answer

maybe thats why for me too. heh

Best Answer

real people suck, they judge too much, the internet people just send you viruses when they get mad at you

Best Answer

Best Answer

do yo think internet friends are real people? wow, weird!

Best Answer

Best Answer

IF YOU TOUCH MY ROUTER ILL STAB YOU IN THE FACE WITH A HOT SOLDIERING IRON. (breaths into a paper bag) Oh your asking about my friends... There OK i guess. Nice folks. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Best Answer

*hands you a xanax* O.O

Best Answer

Oh, well thank you. Can I have two Scooby snacks? o.O

Best Answer

Last one I had died this year and the year before that, another cut me off because of his needy unreasonably jealous gf, now wife. I really haven't the strength to bond with anyone online like that anymore.

Best Answer

I understand how you feel.

Best Answer

you seem like a wonderful open minded beautiful person, i tend to get emotionally close to internet friend who shares many common experiences, it is easier for me to be the real me on EP than in real life too

Best Answer

Thanks. =)

Best Answer

I have become pretty attached to a few and met some. The interesting thing for me is when you take it to the next level by actually mailing them a note or sending a gift. Calling works too. There is a certain disconnect it only email is used. My thoughts anyway.

Best Answer

yea, talking 'face to face' on skype really tends to bring me closer to my friends...even though we've never met, seeing them over cam is almost like meeting in rl...

Best Answer

There are a few I really really enjoy, yes. And the others are fun too.

Best Answer

to attached,, since i have no real life friends... :/

Best Answer

:/

Best Answer

Depends on the friend. Online or off, it doesn't matter to me.

Best Answer

if they open up to me and stay around and treat me as a friend then I do exactly the same to them. Especially here on EP where most come here because they are lonely and in need of others.

Best Answer

Well, I'm stuck on you, Honey!

Best Answer

You are??? I don't feel you stuck on me?? *looks in the mirror* ... I dont see you stuck on me?? where are you sticking?? ..er.. wait.. dont answer that. lmao

Best Answer

hahahaha - a gentleman doesnt stick and tell :)

Best Answer

lol! ;)

Best Answer

no idea

Best Answer