get your tonsils out? surgery schedualed for monday.
heatherxx heatherxx 22-25, F 5 Answers Jul 11, 2009

I had mine out at 20 - now mine were huge according to the doctor, but, I hate to tell you, I was miserable for 2 weeks - I didn't eat anything - popsicles - NO WAY - the sugar burned - I remember waking up in the recovery and listening to all the little kids begging for more popsicles - all I could think was Dear God, please take me away....<br />
On the bright side - cooled warm tea - not iced tea - and 20 lbs later - I haven't had strep throat or tonsilitis since (23 years!) - ice packs on your neck are nice too! But like I said, mine were huge so the doctor said I would have a lot of pain because of their size! <br />
DVD's on hand - great advice! I hope you have a positive experience - I would do it again because of the years of relief!

Best Answer

I agree, its not so much the surgery as the recovery that hurts. BUT- if they are bad enough to be removed, you have felt that pain plenty of times before and gotten through it! Just keep telling yourself this is the last time those **** tonsils are going to bother you.

Best Answer

Sorry to tell you... I had mine out at 20/21 and got an infection and was off work for two weeks. It was nasty but at least I don't get tonsillitis every 5 minutes anymore. It's worth it for that, if nothing else...good luck!

Best Answer

I got mine out at 26, it hurts way more apparently as the older you are the slower you heal.<br />
You will brobabaly feel fine for 24/48 hours after the op and then it will hurt like really bad tonsilitis for about 2-4 days.<br />
i would still recommend it though as I couldn't face the thought of tonsilitis once a month or more!<br />
Lie on the sofa/in bed, make sure your mum/friend can bring you food and drink and have a stack of DVD's to hand. Enjoy being waited on hand and foot as you don't get to do it often in life!! Hope it goes well x

Best Answer