ThatsJustMarvelous ThatsJustMarvelous 31-35, F 13 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Hobbies

Buy childrens toys that advertise "Easy Assembly" You'll bcome a master mechanic over night or a basket case

Best Answer

Try to do things if you don't know how to do ,well you can also use goggle to know how to do?

http://www.techsonthemove.co.uk/motor-vehicle-technician-jobs.html

Best Answer

go to school for it

Best Answer

I'm thinking of taking a class, but I don't want to do it for an occupation. I just want to be able to fix/build my own stuff around the house. Just DO things.

Best Answer

Start off buy taking a basic class in what ever your specifically interested in and start getting your hands dirty. When you have questions find an expert in the field and ask question and read all the additional books in specific details you are interested in. Also youtube has tons and tons of videos of people doing just about anything you can imagine, tons of how tos there. Being skilled mechanically I feel is a gift kind of like being musically talented, anyone can learn how to fix basic things but learning how to troubleshoot or figure out why something isnt working is a different story. If you have the gift you can work across multiple fields auto mechanics, aircraft mechanics, plumbing, electrical, computers, you pretty much name it. A true mechanic can look at something or a schematic and understand how something works then can tear it apart find the problem and fix it just from the commonality of mechanical things.

Best Answer

You need to be born with them!

Best Answer

I'm serious : Find an older guy: an uncle, a dad or a neighbor, and ask him to show you how to do those things that you want to do.Screwdrivers, and wrenches are really not hard to operate. You can do it. Start practicing.

And true, sometimes there are classes for women on just this stuff!

Best Answer

get a book. "screwdrivers for dummies" I'm sure it come with pictures. lol :)

Best Answer

Efficient. And you acquire skills by practicing and by watching others.

Best Answer

just go to a tool shop and ask them what tools are used most, what they're used for, and how to use them for starters

Best Answer