I am in an all-girls school and so I've never been around boys much, plus I'm quite an introvert myself. I fail miserably at socializing with guys, never mind flirt or show interest. How can I step out of my comfort zone and start being a bit more social without seeming too desperate? (Ps: I am very, VERY insecure)
HonestBear HonestBear 16-17, F 5 Answers Jun 29 in Dating & Relationships

All I can say to you is that guys don't bite ... Think of it like going into a cold swimming pool ... you'll be uncomfortable for a few minutes and then things will be great afterwards.

Best Answer

But unfortunately I don't even know how to step into that cold swimming pool, I get so insecure at the slightest chance of interaction with males and I completely back out of it or act like an idiot :/

Best Answer

Yes. Worse sometimes because an emotional affair is much harder to end and/or stop and/or forget about.

Best Answer

If you are female... Then you pretty much can't so anything wrong.

Best Answer

I have the same issue))) Im very open minded but when it comes to actually approaching , not easy)))

Best Answer

Exactly, I'm very open minded and easy to talk to but the first approach is the issue.

Best Answer

First of all, you have to be confident, we like confidence in girls. Be relaxed and do not sound too desperate. Joke around a little, humor is always good and If you're into sports, thats a plus point for you... haha! Good luck.. Now, How can I approach girls?

Best Answer

I guess I could try to joke around and take it easy, but that's only if I managed to approach someone I'm interested in to begin with. I could be smart or funny sometimes, but not when I'm in front of a guy I'm interested in :/
And to answer your question: be funny, confident in a reasonable amount, interesting and interested in whatever she has to say. Best of luck!

Best Answer