As a 21 (soon to be 22) year-old male with Asperger's Syndrome, I have an incredibly difficult time interacting with others, especially women. Although it would mean the world to me to have a meaningful relationship with a woman, being rejected or ignored entirely by women seems to be all that I can accomplish, and I would like to change this. Of course, I am not overly optimistic about my prospects, but I thought it would be worth a try to ask those on EP for some advice. Perhaps a better question is if it is possible that someone like myself can be loved by a women? I would appreciate some help.
AspergersandMe AspergersandMe 18-21, M 10 Answers Dec 19, 2012 in Singledom

it might help to join stuff and do stuff with other people that have aspergers and then you could meet a girl thats going thru the same thing

Best Answer

First of all, there are women out there who could love you; I'm sure of that. The harder question is thinking of ways to meet them. To come across at your best, you have to stick to situations where you feel comfortable and relaxed; pushing yourself into awkward social situations to meet people will just make you come across as awkward. Also, don't make a big deal of your Asperger's; as people get to know you, they'll notice you're a bit different and come to terms with it in their own time. Putting it out there right at the beginning might just make it seem scarier than it is.<br />
Meeting people online might work well (I'm guessing you feel fairly comfortable with places like EP, for example). Or you could try pursuing your interests: that's a great way to meet like-minded people *and* have something to talk about.<br />
Anyway, good luck. :)

Best Answer

there is some one beyond your guess..

Best Answer

Don't go after the boobs 'n ***. You won't get those, at least not on your first try. Go after the silent girls, the slightly awkward ones, the ones with strange clothes, the outcasts... They are more likely to be desperate for friendship and affection, and then all it takes is a friendly word, showing a little genuine interest and offering a listening ear for them to like you. Really. <br />
Also, if you're that awkward around women, go for friendship first, love later. Try to make a few female friends to learn more about them. <br />
Woman aren't that complicated. All we really want is for someone to listen to us and be nice to us.

Best Answer

Awww :)

Best Answer

Is this a true diagnosis?<br />
Just ran to the WEB and checked this out. <br />
What I would like to know is have you checked to see if there are any groups with others? You may find someone that understands you and what you are going through being the other person is going through this too. See if there are any social groups that meet near your area.

Best Answer

Indeed it is; I was diagnosed with it when I was in elementary school by a registered psychologist. (It's not a self-diagnosis if that's what you meant.)

Best Answer

Be yourself. Charm isnt just wit and looks. Your intellect will shine if you dont concern yourself with titles like nerd. women are attracted to minds too. Your eloquence and intelligence shines in your writing here. have confidence in that and it will carry you beyond the inherent difficulties of aspergers.

Best Answer

Its a fact that many people with aspergers do have have successful relationships. I can't add any more advice because I am still single myself.

Best Answer