if it's on the internet.. BLOCK and / or DON'T RESPOND.<br />
if it is with people in real life, than you first of all consider your source... it may be worth hearing if coming from a place of love and concern. <br />
But, never be afraid to politely say, 'This is my situation to OWN" and or Work Through.. and mention you are 'not ready' to share right now.<br />
good luck

Best Answer

repeatedly tell them "I prefer not to talk about this"

Best Answer

You can't. Privacy is only respected when folks believe you are doing things the way THEY believe is right.

Best Answer

yep. you've got to disrespect them in a sense... its not cool when people are too pushy. You have to put them back in their place in a way they don't really get. So they think they are still "right".

Best Answer

People that know me quickly get used to me saying out of the blue, "Hey, how 'bout them Rangers?" It's my clue for them to change the topic because things are getting into my private zone where I don't care to go.

Best Answer

yeah, that's likely a better way. I get mad when people think they understand me. but I think its because I was raised very strictly. When people understand me I thin they can control me. When in reality that may not even be the case.

Best Answer

"Not something i want to talk about. How about that weather we've been having?" (or sports or tv or movies . . . whatever . . .)

Best Answer

Tell them you would rather not respond, tell them to not continually ask you the same questions which you are not prepared to discuss, tell them what is yours to share is yours and you choose not to share and try asking them why is it so important to *them* that you discuss things that concern *you* that you wish to remain with you and no-one else<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Don't answer, they will get the hing eventually.

Best Answer

Just smile and come up with funny non revealing answers. Watch celebrities on interviews. They are pros at not revealing things about their lives. Like when they ask Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt or Angelina about their relationships. It's not easy and you won't always act as you want. But I think it's a skill. You've got to push back in a way they don't see it as pushing back. People can be downright mean when they get some info out of you. I totally understand. Some people just want info to hurt you. Some want it to help. Nonetheless the only person who the information is really good to sometimes is yourself, very good friend, a lover, and God.<br />
I guess this is for the anorexia group. I used to model and I was slightly anoerexic... Its a strange thing. My journals from that time are filed with data about my weight/ measurements etc. or what I ate... I was so tiny.. I am still thin today but I have a BMI of 20-21.5, and I never weigh or measure myself... I think anorexia is an addictive feeling. It's not really a concious thought process. Why its so difficult!!! I think thinking and feeling are two very different things. The addictive feeling of anoerxia is so hard to bunk. Few people understand it as they should, and few will ever give good help. So I kinda understand how you feel.

Best Answer