I know this nice lady who just happens to have schizoaffective disorder. She is painfully shy, isolated and has very few friends. She is very good at writing and taking photos. She has a kind heart and is vegan. However, she has a dark side that I find hard to comprehend. Some of her photos and writings are quite disturbing for me. When I asked her about a recent photo that suggested some form of self-harm, she was quite defensive about it saying it was her way of releasing pain. She defended it by justifying it as way better than many socially acceptable ways of dealing with pain. I would like to get to know her better but I am also afraid of her dark side. I wonder if it is worth the trouble if it gets to dark and heavy for me to deal with. Maybe it is easier just to leave her alone?
vozexperience vozexperience 31-35, M 4 Answers Jan 9 in Dating & Relationships

Just take your time getting to know her. Treat her like you would any other person; with kindness and respect. Don't be pushy but show her you are there for her if she needs to talk or something.

Best Answer

The thing you need to ask yourself is: "If I take the time and effort to make this relationship last; do I see a future with her?" If not, move on.

Best Answer