VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 16 Answers Jun 12, 2012

Typically... if possible for you to do you have to just stay awake. For example don't go to bed at 5 am... stay awake, all day when you would be sleeping then go to bed at a reasonable time(maybe 10pm?) to fix it. It sucks, absolute hell to fix your sleep schedule that way but I've found personally it is the most effective.

Best Answer

By going through the motions.<br />
I have the same problem at the moment :P

Best Answer

I'm doing 2am to 11 myself.

Best Answer

Im ALWAYS awake till around 6-7 a.m and then i sleep in till like 5-7 im practically having the same problem as you have ... and im trying to change my sleep cycle too cuz im starting high school soon and i have to get back my original sleep time

Best Answer

It's hard trying to change your sleeping patterns so if you work on shifts then I can't help you but if not, then I can help.<br />
Try going to bed one hour early than your usual time and do that every two days . Your body will get used to it even if you just stay in bed and relax. Eventually your body would adapt and without thinking, you would be asleep before midnight.

Best Answer

I worked night shifts for 10 years, have been retired for 2 and my sleep cycle is still screwed. The only time I fall asleep at a normal time is when I'm so exhausted I have no choice. Usually I start getting sleepy around 2am, lately It's been 4am. I get up around 1pm or so. Ii I try going to bed earlier I'm just lying there awake. WhenI do go to sleep I usually get 2-3 hrs then I wake up, fll back to sleep and sleep about 1hr this continues til I get up. By that time a walking zombie because I got no extended sleep.The only time I have sleep 6hrs straight I was so fatigued ny body took over and put me down.

Best Answer

I bet melatonin can knock you out, but you might be getting up early!

Best Answer

I think you need to change when you eat. I saw a doco about jet lag and how our meal times determine whether or not we suffer with it.

Best Answer

That's about my schedule these days, too. But I'm retired, so it doesn't matter. Plus when I had my own business I worked mainly nights.

Best Answer

I can't.. I tried for years.. finally my shrink told me some people are just nocturnal, that is who they made midnight shifts for.. : )

Best Answer