I'm tired of being emotionally abused by his family. I'm studying hard and I even got accepted to stanford university. The problem is, his a very sensitive and overprotective man. The type to find excuses so he could get his way on why something is bad. E.g why me going overseas would be bad. Cam someone tell me how could convince that this is a great opportunity for me. Please I need to get out...I need peace of mind...I'm tired of family honestly if I'm not sick I'm tired. I'm sick and tired.
Xcinderella Xcinderella 16-17, F 3 Answers Aug 18 in Community

First, why do you want to study overseas other than getting away? Is it a school sponsored program? If yes, what are the advantages according to the school. Sit down and make a list of the advantages as you see them, write his objections and then write your responses. Studying abroad is a fantastic opportunity.

Best Answer

What if he says no? :( should I go down on my knees?

Best Answer

That question can be taken different ways but I'd say no. What do think?

Best Answer

I don't know :( ... I'm just sooo desperate, so desperate that my marks have gotten alot higher and teachers are amazed at the progress lol

Best Answer

Will your teachers help support your argument?

Best Answer

Yes I think.. I can only think of 3 of them actually 4 if I count my physcologist ..I'll just tell her to tell him that if I don't go overseas I will be mentally disturbed forever lol

Best Answer

Really, I'm sure it will sway him immediately. lol You'd be better off getting on your knees. lol

Best Answer

Lol orrrrrrr you could be my backup physcologist...I'll pay you in hugs and rainbows and cookies? :3

Best Answer

Why not? Sounds like a great deal.

Best Answer

Such a sweet man♡♡ lol

Best Answer

ha ha. sometimes, just have to catch me in the mood.

Best Answer

Lol what happens if you get angry?

Best Answer

you don't want to know. lol

Best Answer

oh hun tell him its the best uni there is & your qualification will mean more to employees etc also theres security guards there & youll be living in a female dorm etc etc

Best Answer

Why can't you be my real father. .but then you're such a sweet man and you don't have women in the house so I wouldn't bother running away from you lol♡

Best Answer

awwww thats so sweet *hugs*

Best Answer

if you were my daughter id say go with my love & blessings & make me proud

Best Answer

first, congrats on your acceptance to stanford. Going overseas can be somewhat dangerous but what you have to do is convince him that you can handle the responsibility and the new issues that comes with traveling to distant areas

Best Answer

I will try I just hope he will budge

Best Answer

You know in families there is usually some emotional abuse. That seems to be the norm in this generation anyway. But i bet your uncle wants to take care of you and he doesn't want you to get hurt. You have to go about this in a responsible way

Best Answer