A group of girls at school have sort of "ganged up" on her and are mean to her everyday. Since they are not being "violent" and hurting her physically (it's all passive-aggressive mean girl stuff like ugly comments, silent treatment, saying bad things about her, etc) the Principal won't even address the situation! The worst part is....it's at a Christian school! I keep trying to encourage her to forgive those that are persecuting her, but it's an every day thing and causing her so much pain.
mrsjameskent mrsjameskent 31-35, F 21 Answers Jan 9, 2010

Sounds like the school I went to. I can't believe the school administration doesn't care. Emotional scars are deep and long-lasting. I would go to the next level and keep complaining until you get some action. Meanwhile, just be there for the girl, let her know you care, and encourage her to try and find a friendly face in the crowd. Even one friend makes a difference.

Best Answer

teach her how to punch them in the nose. that would shut them up.

Best Answer

Just tell her that God is seeing and hearing everything those girls are saying. Tell her to just ignore it unless they touch her because they are going to get paid back triple for what they are doing and it wont be pretty

Best Answer

I cannot believe the adults running the schools. Teachers and Principles who allow this to go on. Start writing letters email or by certified mail to the school. Be clear in your communication of the actual events occurring and dates and what you expect from them. Having written evidence of your complaint and their responses should prove successful in an attempt fromt he school to put an end to this situation. From a liability standpoint they should see the writing on the wall, when they receive a "certified" letter.<br />
I would find and share inspirational stories of such situations with the young girl. <br />
Do you know that Cindy Crawford was once teased and called ugly bc of her mole near her mouth? Halle Berry also teased bc she was bi-racial. <br />
I don't know how you feel about it but I would also give her affirmations to read, a form of prayers that will allow her energy to change and move past the current circumstances.

Best Answer

Trying going to the media and see what happens.

Best Answer

rent "carrie"... make it your own inside joke

Best Answer

She'll have to get through her fear of confrontation and stand up to the main one. Girls aren't as likely to be physically violent, but if it happens, punch back. None of the other girls will continue because they are sheep. Do not cower to threats, or bow out in the face of adversity because you live to regret it. Avoiding the first step b/c you fear falling only confines you to crawling.

Best Answer

My daughter was bullied by her former group Freshman Year in High School. <br />
I had some of the girls in the car pool that I drove home every day. It was very difficult!<br />
My daughter knew she had my constant support. I hugged her every day and told her I was right there with her. We took the high road. She did not want the mother's to be called and I respected her decision. I encouraged her to find some new girls to hang around with and in time that's just what she did. I took her new friends to movies and other fun things to help promote the relationship. She's been with these girls over a year now and they are so much nicer. <br />
These new friends recognized that my daughter was being mistreated and were happy to be her friend.<br />
Your friend should look around and see that there are lots of kids who need friends too.

Best Answer

That's a rough situation. I was once in her situation but I was bullied by horrible guys. I reported them and purposely cried in the counselor's office to make a scene and they got in trouble and eventually stopped. This was when I was 13/14 though.<br />
Put her into a public school... you wouldn't be wasting money and she'd actually be happy with the change. Mean girls stay mean.

Best Answer

harassment - is a crime! - find out what the law in your area is and present the possibility of the consequences of their actions to the girls in question. if that doesn't work - present it to the parents of the girls in question.

Best Answer

From a 2000 school psychology study of why girls bully other girls: Boredom, lack of excitement, desire for excitement; inclusion in the right group; self-protection; jealousy over appearance and close friendships; competition for boys; revenge; friendship.

Best Answer

This makes my blood boil....and especially as the principal seems to be ignoring the situation. They think it's ok to ignore a horrible situation because there is no physical harm being done to this young girl...what they should realise is that emotional harm is equally as dangerous. Please encourage this girl to speak to a responsible adult, I once had to contact the local welfare officer for someone who was being badly bullied at school - and this is bullying. They intervened after repeated attempts to get the school to deal with the problem...but by this time the girl in question was in a terrible state. But it did make the school have to answer to the local authority. And bless you for trying to help in the first place.

Best Answer

if she cant find a freind tell her to take it to them or tell there parents or make a big deal abut it every time it happens like stand up in assembly just when it happens i was bullied and eventually got in a big fight tell her not to do that

Best Answer