She's in hawaii to visit our family since my grandfather (on her side) is very sick and my grandmother (on my dad's side) is in the hospital as well. She didn't call him one day and now he won't talk to her at all. She doesn't even know if he'll pick her up on friday when she comes home. I have a feeling that this might finally lead to their divorce, though I can't be sure. I can't tell him directly, he's such a damn hardhead. So any ways you think I can help resolve this issue? I'm already in the middle of it.
ForgottenCelestria ForgottenCelestria 16-17, F 10 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Parenting & Family

I know what you are going through. My Wife and I had a falling out back in May....she was cheating on me and I found out. I tried to end my life over it. The problem is not yours to have to work out. I too have a Daughter who is 17 years old and she is trying to fix something, that is unfix-able. Something has happened in their relationship, that has brought it to this point. My problem is, my wife of 23 years won't talk to me. Usually the person who is unwilling to talk is at fault for something they don't want to admit. Don't feel like you are in the middle and don't place yourself there. Grown ups have to learn to work things out on their own. Some of life's problems are too big to understand....even for adults, so let it work itself out. I'm sorry you feel this way. Be strong. (HUG)

Best Answer

They may have deeper issues than this. Best to just be supportive and hang back.

Best Answer

Deeper issues...that's an understatement. They've reminded me time and time again that they didn't originally marry for love...

Best Answer

He's done something like this before, but never to this extent

Best Answer

Neither did I. 18 years later I am having thoughts. There is little for you to do but sit and watch. I know it is **** deal but such is life. You are their child and nothing that will happen will change that.

Best Answer

Yeah I know...

Best Answer

If he is a man, which judging by the desc<x>ription he sounds like one, then he doesnt know how to talk he probably prefers grunting and he probably feels hurt so his natural defence mechanism is to withdraw from the situation which only makes worse. You have to slowly pry him back out so keep on him and make him understand

Best Answer

How would I go about doing that?

Best Answer

Tell him what you are scared of and tell him what you want. Ask him what he wants.

Best Answer

nothing will happen just a instant reaction, happens in married life.. dont worry this will not lead to divorce

Best Answer

I see...well they mentioned divorce 10 years ago but when I said no and started crying, they dropped it...they stopped fighting so often but now it's starting to escalate again

Best Answer

i will divorce u is a common threat given in between married couple.... but moral values dont let it be done..
only in some cases it happen

Best Answer

Just go point blank at him and say it. Tell him how you feel and what you see. Then you've said what you needed to and it's up to him to respect it or not.

Best Answer

get used to it..... Your boyfriend will NEVER understand this either!

Best Answer

He does though. My boyfriend and I have virtually no secrets. Tells me when something's bothering him and I do the same. It's just my dad.

Best Answer

good for you.

Best Answer