I'm 23 years old and a mother of 4. My husband who is 24 and is a game addict. We have been together since we were 16. I also play video games but I'm not constantly wanting to play nor do I constantly play. I know my responsibilities come first. I've spoken to him over and over it doesn't seem to work or influence him, but I know he cares and loves us. I don't want the answers saying "oh just leave him it will never work out" I will ignore those. I love him so much and he's a great man, I just wish he didn't play games so much. The past week he has stayed up until 7 am playing on the computer. He also plays the xbox. He's lost many jobs because he stays up late and comes up with an excuse to call off. He always says he knows he has to take care of his family but his gaming seems to be more important sometimes. I've tried staying with family to make him see that I can't stand the constant gaming, he changes for a couple months then its right back to how it was. Thanks for any advice.
bhutch bhutch 22-25 15 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Marriage

I have wondered myself about these kinds of guys. I would love to say SMASH THE DAMN THING but that would be irresponsible of me because I don't have to live with the consequences of your actions. I would hate to live with a gamer because they are wasting their lives away. What good does it do to sit and play games all day? I just found a support web site for gaming addiction called Intervention Support here is the site: http://www.interventionsupport.com/gaming-addiction/ and the phone is 888-312-3296. I have not tried calling the number so I hope it is accurate. good luck

Best Answer

Just another thought: if you have four children one thing should be on your mind: their welfare. People might easily say "just leave him" but here is the problem.....as long as he is not abusing the kids you are probably better off keeping him because guess what? You have four kids. If you are lonely now, just think what it will be like if you are alone with four kids...or will you take them on dates with you? you are young and they are important. One day they will be grown and be sitting around the Thanksgiving table with you, and even helping you with cooking dinner. What you do now will possible decide what that is going to look like in another dozen years. (imagine all of them taller than you) Getting rid of the guy will not "solve" all your problems. As a matter of fact, step fathers are way more likely to abuse the children even if you don't want to believe it. There is life after the kids grow up. Remember that.

Best Answer

go back in time and tell your past self not to get committed to a guy who spends his life on video games.

ah, if only we could be young again, eh?

Best Answer

Dress like the animated girls in the game videos and walk past the screen.....if he breaks screen eye contact you have a chance. = )

Best Answer

Tell him, "So, maybe you should think about putting the games away and getting on with working on your relationship with me... or think about divorce papers... your call."

Best Answer

Get a boy friend and you and him can play with each others knobs and joy stick. This might wake up your husband.

Best Answer

You dont need him to see it . you need to accept it or move on.

Best Answer

Why do you wish he didn't play games so much? Are you feeling neglected? Is he calling in sick to work? My honest opinion, if it's something he enjoys, you should just let him. If it's a specific problem, tell him that specific reasoning behind it. "I think we should spend more time together..." "I think you should spend more time with the kids"

Best Answer

as long as you are willing to feed him and live in the same house with him why should he change his ways . dang 23 and already have 4 kids he wasn't always playing videos . My god woman slow down . its no wonder you wont leave . He's probably playing as a form of birth control . leave him alone and tend to your babies

Best Answer

Does he have a job? If not kick him out.

If he has a job then allow him some time to relax (gaming) but try to explain the chores/child care is his responsibility too.

Best Answer

Well we all have to make a choice to live with the flaws of our partners or not. I think with your husband it is less about the video games and more that he feels these are your responsibilities. You seem to be ok with that, so you either have to accept it or move on. Bickering about it isn't going to change that.

Best Answer

Get rid of the stupid games. That's a fun thing to do when your a kid, not when you have them. Give 'em away for Christmas presents, two problems soled at once. I'll send you my bill.

Best Answer