He has a fuse so short it is almost non-existent! He talks so much I can't hear or follow what is happening on TV. (He will also get mad if I don't watch TV with him.)
katnipkitkat katnipkitkat 41-45, F 20 Answers May 23, 2011

Mine loves game shows, where he shouts out his answer, repeating it until the answer does appear.

He also talks and asks me questions constantly while watching TV.

He has a hearing loss, so uses a headset which gives him more volume from the TV, without blaring the volume.

However, since the headset makes him hear only the TV...he often whistles, too.

I can't stand it.

Best Answer

HI katnipkitkat

One way if you have the facility is to pause the show and talk. Then carry on when he has finished. This will tame him or you will be watching the same show for days!

That short fuse stuff is a control game. Why the need to be in control of you? Maybe work on that taking Time out doing things alone teaching him he does not need to control you for you to come back?

I dunno really just thinking.

Best wishes

:)

Best Answer

When we watch a recorded show or rented DVD I am constantly pausing and rewinding. But I hate that, it takes away from getting totally into the show or movie.

Best Answer

Sounds like my hubby. Try doing the same thing to him when he is watching something he wants to watch. I find out that he doesn't like it done to him. Of course, even though I do it, it never occurs to him that it is because he does it to me. I know what you mean, my hubby thinks I should be in front of the TV if he is, but, he keeps ahold of the remote, so even if he falls asleep, we are watching what HE wants to watch. After 35 years, you wouldn't think it would bother me, but, I swear, when he dies, he is taking the remote with him. Nobody but me and the funeral director will know though!!!

Best Answer

Ignore him, or shhhhhh him and tell him you'll begin the conversation during the next commercial or when the show ends. He may not like it but you are not his puppet either to be doing what he pleases.

Best Answer

cover his mouth with ur hand handgaging does wonders trust me i know

Best Answer

This guy seems like a great catch. If he chases other women he's a total zero. Please don't tell me he does that too.

Best Answer

Sit on the floor infront of the tv like a child would. If he asks why, say there is too much background noise in this house and I can't hear the show!

Best Answer

how about: "DARLING could you pretty please with a cherry on top SHUT THE FRRRRUCK UP, I'll give you a blow job if you do" see and no conflict needed! poblemo solved ;)

Best Answer

You're rather pathetic really. So what's the difference?

Best Answer

Get headphones then he can talk all he wants, give him a tape recorder and tell him to talk to that and you will listen later.

Best Answer

That would be an instant fight starter.

Best Answer

Sounds like you've got bigger problems than him talking over the tv.

Best Answer

Yeah we definitely do. But here is the only place I can vent and get opinions, etc.... without him knowing what I am saying.

Best Answer

Buy some really chewy lollies for tv time

Best Answer

Set aside some special talking time.

Best Answer

The last thing I want to do is talk to him. I think he has already said everything he could possibly say in the first year of our relationship and ever since then he has just been repeating everything constantly!

Best Answer

Kiss him to shut him up and keep one one glued on the tv lol.

Ummmmm maybe try resting your head on his chest while you both watch. Most people wont talk with someone pressed on their ribcage lol. If he does talk, tell him to shut up and be a good pillow hahhaha

Best Answer

Gross! He is always drinking alcohol. I hate the smell and taste of alcohol. I don(t like to kiss him if he has alcohol breath. (Which is 90% of the time!)

Best Answer