no rude answers please, were to begin, we live in a duplex an its my sanctuary were i can spend time with my family an pets an forget any work problems but as of late its not, our neighbors fight constantly an loud screaming slammin things around an it gets my baby all worked up wen im trying to get her to nap, they also have a baby who then starts screaming an i feel horrible, they play a band down in our basement an wen we moved in we agreed to them playing once a week wich now is 2 or 3 times a week for like 3 hours!!! not what we agreed too, they smoke pot down there and it seeps up into our living room through vents an stinks our place up and im not against it but it wouldnt bother me if they did that in there own home not in the basement that we gotta share, they lived here for 3 yrs so the landloard likes them an doesnt see what we do and we dont want to b rude but its gettin to were its effecting my home an my babys nap time and i dont want the smoke to hurt her, ive thought about callin the cops wen they fight and wen i smell pot but i dont like callin them an im scarred it will bite me in the ***, what should i do plz help bfor i end up punching them in the face!!! an the worst part is we have a year lease so we cant just move
bellis21 bellis21 18-21, F 17 Answers Jan 18, 2011

You could move?

Best Answer

You can move to my house, and have the obnoxious neighbors across the street...I go through the same crap. The cops have been to the house across the street many times, and they still make noise, have their parties, and have a smashed up car, washing machine, and other junk in the front of their house, and no curtains in the front window, trees growing up past the gutters.... the front of the house looks like a dump. And, we had to move across the street from them. We own our house, and can't sell- we're stuck here. I understand what you're going through, think positive, either you or the pot smokers, won't be there in a year!

Best Answer

One good thing about the neighbors you've described is....they don't sound very stable. People who have lots of screaming fights, people who can't keep agreements (like the once a week bad practice agreement) and people who take drugs....usually move around a lot. My guess is that you can outlive them at this address. One of these days they will move because people like this cannot sustain any sort of stability in their lives and they have too many problems to remain in one place long. My advice is to wait them out; they'll move. If they don't move fast enough to suit you, make an anonymous call the the polce when they are at their loudest and smokiest.

Best Answer

is contacting the owner out of the question? surely the things you described would put your neighbor's contract in default.

Best Answer

Well, you can ask them to fix the problems, but that is unlikely to resolve all your issues. So you've got a choice: move, or get rid of them. It might not be easy but if you're determined enough to go to war it is possible. For instance, step one could be to call the police when they are smoking pot or fighting. If they play loud music, you play it louder. Just turn it on before you leave, or set your tv/stereo on a timer. If their band plays in the basement, upload a recording to YouTube under the title "worst band ever". Obviously these aren't nice, neighborly things to do. These are things to do when you're at your wit's end and cannot take it anymore. And I have to say, it sounds like it would take a LOT to get them to move. But if you're willing to make them miserable enough anything is possible.

Best Answer

I think the best option for you is to move.

Best Answer

put on your outfit ...so they don't have to peep through

Best Answer

punch em in the face

Best Answer

Grenade

Best Answer

pee outside............oh weird !!!!!! sorry

Best Answer

cyanide?

Best Answer

When you find out let me know, I have a neighbor making a complete jack@ss of himself.

Best Answer