emmellw emmellw 41-45, M 12 Answers Jan 10, 2011

When angry , count to four , when very angry , Swear .... And beat the stuffing out of the local gym punching bag , I had the same problem your going through and believe it or not , It Works .

Best Answer

I need help. Same problem ... I don't know why I'm unhappy .. but I do know that I feel the need to control everything in my families life .. which leads to frustration .. which leads to outbursts of anger. I have never hit my children but I think the emotional outbursts are probably just as bad. I have to correct my behaviour before it completely ruins my family. I have two beautiful, smart, funny and talented little boys that I want to nourish and lavish .. not beat them down with yelling and screaming. <br />
I know if I could learn to not have to control everybody and everything then I wouldn't be frustrated and then the outbursts would go away. I hate the thought of it .. taking something .. Zoloft or something like that .. to take the edge off .. but that is not treating the problem .. it's masking it.<br />
So .. what type of mental health professional do I need to see? I'm totally up for making the change but don't know were to start ... please help .. I need some direction ..

Best Answer
Best Answer

I have to agree with kimgary!!! I have anger problems and never get laidLOL If ya can-get laid-no angry sex though!

Best Answer

other outlets. Some good ways to deal with anger are: punch a pillow, yell into a pillow, rip up paper or crunch it up and throw it, write out your feelings(warning--could break pens and shred paper, and maybe accidentally stab yourself with the pen, so be careful), stab a pillow with a knife(again, be super careful, don't stab yourself, maybe use a knife that isn't very sharp), run really fast as far as you can around the block and just run it out and run til you are exhausted and keep running. Also if you throw something lightweight and unbreakable make sure you don't throw it at something that IS breakable!!

Best Answer

find out why you are unhappy

Best Answer