I feel suicidal quite often except I havent done anything because of the consquences, how it would affect my mother.
lemon7k lemon7k 16-17 18 Answers Dec 28, 2011

you need to understand real depression....real depression needs medication...it's a chemical inbalance in your brain. When that's not working it leaves you UNABLE to cope with everyday things...dealing with stress for example..it effects all parts of your life.

Best Answer

Can somebody help me cuz I'm really really really suffering from depression right now... I just can't take life any more and I'm 11 so I can't do pills its just I really need help and I'm going for desperate measures please help me someone.

Best Answer

I don't know, I'm in the depths of it at the moment, falling deeper and deeper into the abyss with absolutely no way of getting out!! Or at least that's the way I feel!! I'm trapped in the deep, dark, damp abyss falling ever more deeply. I need help, but another problem I have is not trusting people with my deepest, darkest feelings. Besides that I feel no one wants to hear my problems. I guess I have to buck and try to find my own way out. It helps to read these posts though - thanks.

Best Answer

In 2006, I was really depressed. I thought about suicide. (Didn't go through it) I didn't take depression medication. Took years, for my depression be gone. Somedays, I'll be depressed. But, now that's rare occasion. My last therapists wanted me on it. I told her no. <br />
Some medications makes it worse instead of better.<br />
If, I do get really depressed. I'll pray to God. Read my Bible. Talk to myself at home. (out loud.) When no one is home. I pretend my favorite celebs is in m home. I talk my problems to them. I know, their not there. But helps me. talk about my problems. No one is judging me. In late2008. I watch The Waltons. It help me with my depression. I don't know, it's the music through out the show. Or their loving kind family. That help me through the rough years. <br />
Animals can help too. You can talk about your problems to them. They'll just lay in your lap. Want be petted.

Best Answer

Well I'm not lecturing...I wish I had a template for this...I saw a documentary on Depression a few years ago . about this ...South Africa as the worst depressions rates in the world. ... The answer was a fish ba<x>sed diet.... If you don''t like fish, a cod liver oil would surmise. Just try it for a month or two?

Best Answer

I used to suffer from depression quite badly in the past, and I too didn't want to take "medication." I know for a fact that once you start on anti-depressant pills it can be extremly hard to wean yourself off them. <br />
Apart from pills there isn't really a "quick fix" solution but when I was depressed I tried to make more time for myself. Meditation can help rid your mind of negative thoughts, reading/listening to music/watching a good film can help you escape for a while. Find things you enjoy doing. On the days I felt the lowest I would set off on a bikeride, whatever the weather, ride out onto this country road near my house, cycle up a really really steep hill and when I got to the top there was such an amzing view...It took so much physical energy getting up that hill that I didn't have time to think about negative things. :) and the view was so beautiful.

Best Answer

marijuana. i joint a day if its really bad 1 in morning 1 in evening

Best Answer

Well if I were you I would start working out. Start camping or just taking walks. You would be surprised at how much better you feel when you do something constructive.

Best Answer

start drinking heavily.

Best Answer

oh dear....full of humour as usual i see.

Best Answer

The truth will set you free....but first it will make you miserable. What if I told you that all I want for you is to be happy, would you be able to do that?<br />
Don't lie to yourself about your circumstances.....it's ok to jump off a moving train. You won't get hurt.

Best Answer

good choice not wanting to take pills, only use them as a last resort, keep off the drugs and alcohol, exercise, write stories on how you feel on EP, it helped me in the past. Also check out some of the depression groups on EP, might be helpful reading other people's stories. Take care.

Best Answer

Nope. I can't see a way out of that one.

Best Answer

You sound like you love your mother very much.<br />
Why are you so sure that pills won't help? They haven't cured my depression, but they did help me to control the suicidal urges. <br />
Are you getting anyone to talk to? Sometimes that can help you to download the burden you're carrying, then find positive ways of action to help deal with it. <br />
Be kind to yourself. You're dealing with a lot. And remember that life will change, so this won't last forever.

Best Answer
Best Answer